Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox eat your heart out

You tell'em Ron!! They sure missed that one!

Not my neck of the woods Joe. 14K 20 and 18K 29 grams....... the EQ dont miss um all.

Isn't an 8 inch Excal an 800? Just that was how mine read. I replaced it with a 10 inch so it's maybe a 900? A rose by any other name I guess...

Both the Equinox and the Excal users can drool. Here is my chain from last fall CZ-21 style!!

Oh those pictures got me droolin.

I retire in 3 years and have been making plans and working to move to Florida and finish out life baking in the sun and detecting the beaches.

Any detector can find a balled up chain or one with a pendant. I’ve found chains with the excal and the at pro and the stingray 2..... the Equinox finds them stretched out and with out a pendant. That’s the game changer. Nice chains every Me and congrats op, but the Nox is amazing, period.

my Nox

will be here thursday.

waited it out to show my steel

looking forward to the new tool went and watched my good friend Shawn unbox his today pretty sweet went to swing it and almost thru it across the room ....very light..:detecting:

kool finds

Happy Trails
jimpugh

BootyHunter said:
Any detector can find a balled up chain or one with a pendant. I’ve found chains with the excal and the at pro and the stingray 2..... the Equinox finds them stretched out and with out a pendant. That’s the game changer. Nice chains every Me and congrats op, but the Nox is amazing, period.

You are wrong about the chain. A silver chain yes. A gold chain no.

A detector cannot see a gold balled up chain at all. It can only see one link or clasp or pendant. I have found many gold chains while diving with a detector. All but a couple have been eyeball finds. If the link, or clasp or pendant is large enough a detector will see them. If not most waterproof detectors will pass them by.

scubadetector said:

A detector cannot see a gold balled up chain at all. It can only see one link or clasp or pendant. I have found many gold chains while diving with a detector. All but a couple have been eyeball finds. If the link, or clasp or pendant is large enough a detector will see them. If not most waterproof detectors will pass them by.
So you never used a Compadre?:ninja:

scubadetector said:

Hmmmmm, I may be wrong but the Gold Chains that I've found with my detectors AREN'T. I have 2 that were balled up and have NO PENDANT and the CLASP isn't any bigger than the links of the chain. Also a bracelet that the clasp is a micro hair bigger than the links. But I do agree there are very few metal detectors that will find Gold chains, especially when they are stretched out without a pendant.

slingshot said:

So you never used a Compadre?:ninja:

funny you said that because both my compadres easily pick up my chain and my wifes tiny gold chain stretched out on the top of the ground... I like all detectors but he's right about the compadre I'm just not sure about the wet salty sand though especially after that sense gets turned up.