Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox ends 2021 with a bang

dfmike

I wasn't sure if I could get to detect again before winter would finally shut me down but lo and behold I had 2 hours of free time yesterday and the temps moved above freezing just enough to get out. Everything that was at ground level was frozen with an ice crust that I could not go through with my shovel but there were a few areas on slopes with no snow and no frost so I set my coil down and started working. It might be the first time I ever got back home with more silver than copper in such a short time ! Two silver dimes (number 19 and 20 since I got the Equinox 2 months ago) and two silver quarters (number 5 and 6). I also found three pennies from the same years and a clad dime. I got fooled by a few rusty nails and 3 or 4 bottle caps but that's it as far as trash goes. This is turning out to be a beast of a machine in iron. The only settings I changed this time (after reading Andy Sabisch book) is that I hunted the entire time with the horse shoe button on. In other words, I was hearing everything. Did that help me find more silver ? I don't know but I like it. At the least, it helps me find out where there was the most human activity. I put the iron volume at 3 just enough to barely hear the carpet of nails underneath going bop bop bop....The volume was low enough not to go completely crazy with the racket. The noise forced me to slow down my swing speed to process everything and that's not necessarily bad.

None of these finds were deep (3-4 inches) but it's very clear to me that the Equinox in multi EQ can unmask better than any single freq detector I have used so far. The finds were all located within an area of dense iron that I could hear and I've done this area several times with my other single freq machines. I love this thing and how clearly it points out that there is something to investigate when I hear that 4th or 5th tone squeal.

Settings were as usual with the exception of the "all metal" mode: Park 1, gain at 23, 5 tone mode, recovery speed 3, FE2, ground balance was done in several places and ended up being 5 or 6 in this area. The usual and excellent 6" coil was used.

HH everybody. I hope you can get a few more hours of digging before the ground can only be dug with an ice pick !

Attachments

• finds-dec-001.jpg
    finds-dec-001.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 95
  • finds-dec-002.jpg
    finds-dec-002.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 100
Glad you and the Nox are gelling as I call it. You are absolutely correct to slow down in the iron.
HH Jeff