Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox falseing help

amergin2

looking for some help here also

I found Iron grunt can confusing , as if there is a mid conductor/coin on side amongst nails, it will still grunt and may turn you off from digging, the 90 degree trick and jumping down to 5kHz works, but a lot of time wasted wondering Should I dig, especially if signal is present but jumpy between solid and repeat numbers and minus numbers from the nails all coming in at same time, I cant help feeling I am leaving stuff behind, but I don't want to dig nails all day which has happened too many times

it may just be too large of coil, or because it is such a sensitive machine that has the proven ability to find those items on over searched sites
that the nail and iron falling is part of the pkg, so you find difficult items, but it is very frustrating and time wasting

When you get an iffy hit. Use pinpoint. If it pinpoints to side of where you got the hit its iron. You want a pinpoint right on the hit. If the pinpoint is over to the side it is usually large iron.

In heavy iron turn your sensitivity down to 18. The falsing goes away.

I would dig if you get a hit most of the way around the target. And check with pinpoint.

Rick

Few things can make your hunt more pleasant...... reduced sensitivity, higher sweep speed, turn off threshold... its just noise anyway, and lower the volume on iron target to say 4.

It's part of the hobby, isn't it? Trying to figure out what your digging. On an iffy, I always switch to all metal to see if there is an iron target in the sweep. You should take a good minute or two to make the dig or no dig decision. Sometimes I take MUCH longer so I can memorize what is going on. This accounts for a lot of missed finds I am finding in my videos.

Rick said:
When you get an iffy hit. Use pinpoint. If it pinpoints to side of where you got the hit its iron. You want a pinpoint right on the hit. If the pinpoint is over to the side it is usually large iron.

In heavy iron turn your sensitivity down to 18. The falsing goes away.

I would dig if you get a hit most of the way around the target. And check with pinpoint.

Rick

“Falsing goes away at 18”...oddly enough I find the same on the CTX.