Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox forum

I have learned enough about Minelab detectors to know it will make old sites "Great again." LOL :)

How would you rate the Equinox? I am not only talking price. Is it a top of the line detector with a mid range price? Or is it something that stands all by it's self? I understand it has different technology. I am a little con fussed by the way this one is being marketed. To be honest, I would not run out and buy it until the dust has settled. I have a feeling I would put it between my Safari and my CTX 3030. as far as Minelab goes.

Jim

jerseyjim said:
How would you rate the Equinox? I am not only talking price. Is it a top of the line detector with a mid range price? Or is it something that stands all by it's self? I understand it has different technology. I am a little con fussed by the way this one is being marketed. To be honest, I would not run out and buy it until the dust has settled. I have a feeling I would put it between my Safari and my CTX 3030. as far as Minelab goes.

Jim

intelligent multi frequency :confused:

Quake said:
Is that straight shaft all plastic like the makro racer 2 ??

Minelab has been using carbon-fiber shafts for a while now, so I would expect the same on this. I doubt they went backwards to steel, the detector is too light for that, but they have never used plastic.

Quake said:
Is that straight shaft all plastic like the makro racer 2 ??

Only the lower rod is non-metal on the Racer2, like 99% of all detectors. At least get your facts straight before trashing other vendors :rant:

I asked a question about the shaft of the equinox and yes the makro has a plastic shaft so STFU, Yea i really trashed the makro saying it had a plastic shaft LOL

sgoss66 said:
In the U.S., $649 for the 600, $899 for the 800...

Steve

The mid-level pricing for this machine is quite puzzling......... Considerably less than the CTX and ETrac but with similar or better features???

I've never afforded the price tag of the CTX or ETrac which leaves wondering if those 2 machines will still "rule the roost" over the EQ? Is there a comparison chart of the 3 machines features?

Is the EQ price tag aimed to pull current MD'ers over to ML? (I.E - pull over the ATPro people with a better machine at the same price).

I understand ML is very quiet on this machine and little is known about it so I'm guessing the majority of my questions won't be answered till the machine is available, but is there a comparison chart depicting the features of their products?

Yes, somewhere on the ML website they have a feature comparison chart but I don't think its going to answer your question on price.

My guess on that is because this is a hobby niche. Theres not a lot of people who can afford $1500 - $2500 for a hobby item but there are lot who can that $600 - $900 price. It makes perfect business sense to lose X number of sale at $2500 but pick up XXX sale of $900 items.

its the R&D that costs money the units would be real cheap to make so the sell more for less get the money back fast and get in to profit is a good business move and that's what they are in the business for to make money its always about money.

AJ

rellikusmc said:
Hi was wondering if anyone addressed the battery and air travel ty
I shipped an Etrac with a RNB battery which is a lithium ion battery through USPS no problem as long as it’s in the detector
They told me..

i ordered mine (here in Florida) and paid for it last week. Am hoping to get in on their first shipment. Was at their showroom today. Very cool shop and museum..

the_curmudgeon_fossicker said:
i ordered mine (here in Florida) and paid for it last week. Am hoping to get in on their first shipment. Was at their showroom today. Very cool shop and museum..

You just ordered it last week? You'd better pray the first shipment is huuuuuuuge. The way initial order fullments have gone lately (from many brands) is that most dealers only get a few at a time and it takes weeks to months fill all the backorders.

We can only hope ML doesnt do this AGAIN.

[size=large][/size]
What is the difference between the Marco Kruzer vs the Nox 800 beside 200 lower in price?

Buddy_TX said:
What is the difference between the Marco Kruzer vs the Nox 800 beside 200 lower in price?

A lot. Do some research on the two. One big difference is that the Equinox has both select-able single frequency AND simultaneous multi frequency that is mode specific.

Dean

Doesn't anyone on the forum think that minelab possibly charging any customer for changing a battery in a new detector that has not even be released is a stretch. This speaks volumes for the customer service policies at minelab. I have been a detectorist for many years, I own 3 minelab high end detectors ans several other manufactures high end detectors. Minelab service center should take a gander at their service center as compared to Garett, and Sweet Home.