Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox getting dumped

I have my Deus 2 also I only have two detectors all I need but for the clean crisp hits the nox to me sounds waaay better tone wise maybe that's why they Deus have their square tones to try to sound like the minilab?
Mark
Funny I thought the exact same thing. I gave it an honest try in several types of hunting where it failed miserably. Granted I have boo koo hrs on my Nox the finds rate in all genera was poor to none. I even bought some real head phones instead of those wrap around jobbies thinking that would help, glad the new owner wanted those too.

I had a Deus 2 ,sold it. Saw no performance over my Deus 1 in the dirt ..Still have my equinox 800,,,not sure why guys are saying Minelab needs to come out with somthing to compete with the Deus 2? In my opinion the equinox is still a far superior machine compared to the Deus 2,,Xp is new to simultaneous multi frequency,,Minelab has over a 20 year headstart of perfecting it..
I think the Sovereign (BBS) came out a little over 30 years ago, 1991...

If I still had my 800, with the warranty being gone, I'd sell it on a heartbeat and get a new legend with a warranty. I hate to say it but the legend is somewhat a nox 2. With ml discontinued the Etrac they have to be working on a replacement. Plus the nox has room for improvement so they're probably (hopefully) working on a 'new' nox also.

I had a GTI 2500 long time ago and the equinox since it came out by far waaaaaay better detector try 5 tones to start on the nox
Thats what I am using now. Right now I am experimenting with the recovery speed and the Iron bias. So far sticking to learning park 1 and checking all metal as a cross reference after finding target. Still have a lot to learn but finding things in an area I thought I had cleaned out, but I think the garret got all the silver. Next purchase will be a 6 inch coil to see if I can find treasures that may be masked by iron.

Looks like a lot of detectorist are selling off the EQ for the deus 2?
Remember the grass isn't always greener on the otherside of the fence.
I’m looking to purchase an Equinox 800 or a Garret AT Pro. Any recommendations?

@Bo-- my kid does very well with his ATP and his 15" NEL. He has found silver my Nox missed.

With the nox I found two mercs in one hole. Put the plug back. Scanned the hole again, and moved on. Kid scans the hole 30 min later and says, 'Dad, I think you missed one." Yep, there was a third in the hole that he hit and mine wouldn't, no matter what I did to the machine.

@Bo-- my kid does very well with his ATP and his 15" NEL. He has found silver my Nox missed.

With the nox I found two mercs in one hole. Put the plug back. Scanned the hole again, and moved on. Kid scans the hole 30 min later and says, 'Dad, I think you missed one." Yep, there was a third in the hole that he hit and mine wouldn't, no matter what I did to the machine.
Thanks for the feedback! I have and old Fisher F2 and my friend let me use his Garret AT Pro. He used a Minelab ETrac. We detected the same place twice now and the second time we found another 18 coins. Mostly Pennie’s. Granted the place is 4 acres and lots of ground, but interesting how you find more stuff by going back later. Since I’m new to this sport, I just found my first wheatie yesterday and also my first coin spill. I think I’m in for the long haul now :)