Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox getting to the bottom of things

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
I have been hunting this particular race track for quite some time and trust me I didn't get the first stab at it. Back in the 70's and 80's the old timers must have had a hay day picking out the big silver. I Remember finding it for the first time like it was yesterday, barber dimes and an occasional quarter were the norm. Fast forward to today the finds are drying up so one must innovate go home empty handed. Park one coupled with the 15 inch coil did the job today, the finds were coming up from the clay bellow all the black dirt. Not a huge haul but I was satisfied at the end of the day. The ring was quite a surprise being the first gold ever from this site with a TID of 8 .
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20211219_175818.jpg
    20211219_175818.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
  • 20211219_180440.jpg
    20211219_180440.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 155
Finds might be thinning out however the quality of finds are still there! Persistence and determination paid off very nicely!
In my book, that’s a super day of hunting 👍

Sounds like you know the site like an old friend. Congrats to you for the success!
You are right Mike, Though I did learn something yesterday. After detecting I noticed a circular pattern about 25 feet around with no targets coming from the center. They had fairs at this site with bear wrestling as a main feature. I have seen the poster of a big burly guy dressed in a leopard print outfit locked in wrestling pose with a real bear. I could visualize the throngs of people pressed against the ring jumping up and down watching the theatrics. The rest is history.

Finds might be thinning out however the quality of finds are still there! Persistence and determination paid off very nicely!
In my book, that’s a super day of hunting 👍
Thanks Jimmy! I was hoping for one good piece. With the wind chill in the 20's and some frost I wanted some place close. I never expected to do that well. especially on a site that never gets any tillage.

Anytime in this day and age one pulls up a Barber anything shows there is still good finds to be had! I like that ring as well!!!! I swear tho, just change the attack angle by a degree or two and what wasnt there one day suddenly rings loud and clear the next.

I have been hunting this particular race track for quite some time and trust me I didn't get the first stab at it. Back in the 70's and 80's the old timers must have had a hay day picking out the big silver. I Remember finding it for the first time like it was yesterday, barber dimes and an occasional quarter were the norm. Fast forward to today the finds are drying up so one must innovate go home empty handed. Park one coupled with the 15 inch coil did the job today, the finds were coming up from the clay bellow all the black dirt. Not a huge haul but I was satisfied at the end of the day. The ring was quite a surprise being the first gold ever from this site with a TID of 8 .
HH Jeff
Patience pays off !!

Nice finds Jeff. You are right on the money with your statement below. Never underestimate the power of a big coil in junk. Anything you can use to see the targets differently is a benefit and may trip another find.
Another action I do is change the starting point at a site I have been to multiple times.
I also have re-researched previously hit sites and noticed small details I missed the first time which led to more finds.
Dave
Never hunted out just change up your game!

Attention to the details Dave! I think we would have a blast detecting together I guarantee I would learn something, a lot of real-estate between us though.
HH Jeff

I've seen in parks, fields, woods where there is barely a remains of a old tree stump and I amaze myself how many times I've made some great finds near them! My gold coin came from right next to a tree with my then eTrac I was using..
Mark

You are right Mike, Though I did learn something yesterday. After detecting I noticed a circular pattern about 25 feet around with no targets coming from the center. They had fairs at this site with bear wrestling as a main feature. I have seen the poster of a big burly guy dressed in a leopard print outfit locked in wrestling pose with a real bear. I could visualize the throngs of people pressed against the ring jumping up and down watching the theatrics. The rest is history.
.......and now in your hand.

HH Jeff
Congratulations on those well deserved finds!
Tony