Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox getting water into battery compartment

canman678

Just saw a report on this on another site. It's called MD Hunter blog. Says the gaskets may leak letting water into the battery compartment. Wondering how wide spread the problem is. Anyone on here having problem with this?

You saw garbage. That site 99% junk and reposting of anything anyone else posts about metal detectors and detecting. I have seen reports of a few bad seals on the control heads but have never seen a report of water getting past the battery. Have you even seen the battery holder? Same design as all my scuba diving lights and video gear. Water isnt getting past that double o-ring unless the rings are broken

Here is a couple of pictures i did some time back. Yes water gets into the area just because of the hole in the shaft..... as does sand. BUT unlike say an Xcal where you might use pressure from a garden hose to clean your equipment there isnt enough pressure to get past those O rings like Jason said. Nothing is flawless and there is one in a million chance with anything........ but theres not been ANY talk about this being a problem.

dewcon4414 said:
Here is a couple of pictures i did some time back. Yes water gets into the area just because of the hole in the shaft..... as does sand. BUT unlike say an Xcal where you might use pressure from a garden hose to clean your equipment there isnt enough pressure to get past those O rings like Jason said. Nothing is flawless and there is one in a million chance with anything........ but theres not been ANY talk about this being a problem.
You've obviously have a carbon shaft is it possible that when shafts were changed you may have caused the leak or if shafts are not the exact diameter? causing the leak??

Mkus said:
You've obviously have a carbon shaft is it possible that when shafts were changed you may have caused the leak or if shafts are not the exact diameter? causing the leak??

Thats normal, even with the factory shaft. It's not a "leak" because that implies a failure. That piece is just 2 parts that sandwich the shaft to hold the control pod in place. If you never water hunt, you never need to mess with it. If you do water hunt, it wouldnt hurt to take it apart one a month or so to clean out the sand inside.

many who have never taken it apart dont realize there is a hole in the shaft designed there to keep the handle from moving.