Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Gold Ring Numbers?

MickTwin

Anyone have an idea what numbers gold rings read on the Nox? I've silver on each of the three hunts with my 600, but had a man in a park ask if I could find his wedding ring. He lost it two years ago and was able to show the area of the soccer field he remembers if flying off his finger.

I know it all depends on the how many K's and weight etc. IHe said it was a very typical man's 14k wedding ring with his and his wife's name inscribed inside. I'd like to take a crack at finding and returning it to him. I sold all my machines and after a year off, just purchased the 600 and am still learning it. Thanks for any help.

MickTwin

Mick..... My 2 rings that I wear are 14k and weigh about 7-9 grams. They both register a solid 18 on my Nox 800.
Hope this helps. Grumpy

The VDI of gold jewelry will be everything from 01 to 25 or higher. It all depends on the size, shape, purity and mixed metals.

From 1 to 23 digits depending on size, shape, density, karet.... white gold vs yellow.

I have air tested 227 gold rings in Beach 1. .5 grams to 14 grams. 10k to 18k. They rang up 2 to 22. Size weight base metal play a large roll.

\"Carolina\" said:
I have air tested 227 gold rings in Beach 1. .5 grams to 14 grams. 10k to 18k. They rang up 2 to 22. Size weight base metal play a large roll.

Can I borrow those rings? LOL :drool:

Hahahahahaha :rofl:

Success! I took the advice Grumpyolddiver gave in the reply's and searched the soccer field for 18's. I past on the many other signals looking for a shallow 18 (I had set the sensitivity to 18 as well). In Field 2 with default settings on everything else.

First solid 18 I came to that was shallow... BAM! Turned over the plug and in the roots was the man's ring! FIRST TARGET TOO! LOL

I called the man up and told him to meet me at the park and returned it to him.

So DIG THOSE 18's! Thanks Grumpy! :clapping:

255nluh.jpg
6xw6ev.jpg
{http://i65.tinypic.com/sg0dhy.jpg[http://i64.tinypic.com/qrd98k.jpg

After digging crusty pennies here on florida's beaches with my excalibur 2, i couldn't wait to get my 800 so I could find the numbers on them 18, 19, 20, so I could stop digging them. During a boring day without many targets I showed an 18, 19, so I decided to dig it out of boredom, of course it was a gold high school ring 10k from 1962. so i'm back to digging crusty pennies again.

lowtide1 said:
After digging crusty pennies here on florida's beaches with my excalibur 2, i couldn't wait to get my 800 so I could find the numbers on them 18, 19, 20, so I could stop digging them. During a boring day without many targets I showed an 18, 19, so I decided to dig it out of boredom, of course it was a gold high school ring 10k from 1962. so i'm back to digging crusty pennies again.

really? You thought you could ignore zincolns and not miss gold? Doesn't matter the detector, if you skip anything conductive you could be skipping gold.

Way to Go!

Rich -

n/t

I did the same as Carolina, All the gold rings I tested came in between 2 and 20. The vast majority of lady's rings came in between 6 - 14 and most of the men's were between 13 - 20.

I 'bench tested' several gold rings when I first got my 600 and they read from 14 - 18
One, a Class ring from the 1920's, consists of 2 different carat gold and read 16
The very popular 14Kt 'nugget rings' with low grade diamonds (mostly carbon) read @ 14

Also bench tested a few gold coins and they ranged from 15 - 18

When I'm out with the EQX, anything from 12 - 23 peaks my interest: I don't Notch anything out.

Hello everyone... It was not my intention to say all gold rings read 18. Only that My rings that I wear and are 14k of similar size to what Mick was looking for sound off at a solid 18 when they are close to the coil or shallow.
Great find Mick. Allways try to pay it forword and good things happen! You keep up the good work. :clapping:Grumpy

Lowtide....... them dang pennies can be any digit in the salt water. tuned on edge even digit 1 or 2 if deep. Takes a scoop to get that bouncy 21 digit we all hate oooooh and then we have to chase them around the hole for 15 mins.... lol.