Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox hits Low conductors hard ,Is it missing high conductors

lse450cc

Had a dime and Pull tab ring 1/2 inch part. Very hard to hear the dime with the nox. Went and got my CTX 3030 and It hit the dime a lot better.?

What coil did you have on the CTX?

This scenario does worry me a little, because the Equinox definitely likes pull tabs; and at least one posted test I saw seemed to indicate difficulty seeing a coin where a pulltab was nearby and higher. Will have to do some tests myself...

Were you in Park 1 or Park 2?

Everyone's been suggesting Park 2, but it's a higher frequency bias that might not be better than Park 1 (lower freq bias) in all types of ground and/or trash.
You'll need to try them both in your ground to see which is better...for you.

Especially since you stated that 5kHz (not 5hz) worked better.

(IMO, it's just like when the CTX came out, and everyone said you MUST run in Ferrous Coin for best performance.
For me and my ground, that was simply wrong...and only after hours of frustration did I find that out.)

good luck,
:)
mike