Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUINOX in nugget shooting

greybeard

Has anyone had the opportunity to Video review this detector in the field as a Gold nugget prospector.

I have seen it do well on coin and relic duty and as a beach detector, but not so much as a dedicated gold detector.
I would think it would do well in that realm too, with the higher freq. range and multi freq.

I buried 3 small flakes (.3g), a rough picker (.8g) and a flat smooth picker (1.3g) in small zip lock bags at varying depths (3 to 5 inches) in beach sand. The Nox would not hit them with any degree of confidence in any mode except Gold, where it hammered them. But only shallow, less than 5". If they were deeper then it became iffy on the smaller stuff. The tests by me were with no mods or tweaks to the patterns, just stock patterns/modes, noise cancelled and ground balanced. I have to believe that in some area where few ferrous targets exist it will be a really good machine and have better depth.

I have a SMALL gold hoop at 7 1/2 inchs and the Nox and Deus are the only 2 machines that can see it. I know that's not what you asked but hope it helps... BTW CTX, ETRAC, AT GOLD, AT MAX,AT PRO, are a no go on it.

calabash digger said:
I have a SMALL gold hoop at 7 1/2 inchs and the Nox and Deus are the only 2 machines that can see it. I know that's not what you asked but hope it helps... BTW CTX, ETRAC, AT GOLD, AT MAX,AT PRO, are a no go on it.

That's really good news as far as the Equinox is concerned. Mine has been shipped and I'm awaiting delivery. But, kinda bums me out about the CTX. Did you try some various settings on the CTX to see if they could work? I have a few small gold nuggets, I'll have to do a little testing myself on those and raid my wife's jewelry chest for some tests between the two detectors.