Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox in the wet sand saltwater and dry???

Mark kus

Just wondering will they work as well as my Etrac anyone have any info? Im currently using my Etrac on beaches and love it but have a bad elbow so weight is my reason to buy an equinox.
I also run a Deus but not on beaches no where near as good!

Multifrequency (simultaneous) can balance out wet salt and still get good depth. In this respect, they work better than ANY single frequency (at one time). There remains one little problem. Multifreakers, while balancing the signal from the wet salt also have greatly reduced sensitivity to small low conductive targets - such as small earrings, charms, pins, thin chains etc - of gold. There is no getting around it.

But..... single freq can be a better choice on the DRY sand than multi freq. This machine offers some interesting combos as well as a nice range of single freq. On many beaches its about recent drops and sensitivities more than depth. It MAY not do as well in the wet....... but you get an advantage of being able to get neck deep...... can you do that with the ET? You may or may not be able to notice a depth difference in the deeper water than say an Xcal or CTX. You will be working with a different combo of freqs so we dont know if smaller targets will be recovered. Diggin out there i can tell you........ target depth is a hard thing to narrow down. Floater, sanded conditions, size, weight.... near targets where they fall into the hole after a couple of scoops. Just as bad in the oat meal.