Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox is awesome water hunting machine

I bought the Equinox 800 because after many years had grown frustrated with the Excaliber & was able to have both land & water machine with the Equinox. I wasn't getting the clean definitive sound of targets with the excaliber anymore. Anyway I'm very happy I made the switch. I have the Patriot waterproof headphones & they give me loud clear sounds. I also like the option of using both the standard & 6" coil. I've only been out in the water about 5 times due to the beaches being closed until recently. I bought Steve's carbon shaft with the counter balance & love it. It's much lighter & better balanced. I am currently just using the factory programmed park 2 settings. When I'm able to work with an experienced hunter who can show me how to tweak the different features I will customize it to maximize performance. Excited to find some gold chains! I have watched different videos demonstrating sensitivity to them. I am finding it to be so having found several extremely fine non-gold chains in just a few outings. I like the coverage I get with the standard coil.

"It's much lighter & better balanced."
I'm glad you're happy with your Nox 800, but I doubt if its lighter with Steve's carbon shaft with counter balance.