Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox is definitely a better machine.....

Ksdirt

I am impressed with this machine...about 50+ hours on it in past 3wks now ......before that etrac for 6yrs and v3i the Deus ..racer2. And went to an area that has a side walk theat I have gone along (we all do the sidewalks) with all these machines and can not believe the nickels,,dimes and pennies I found.....I was like ...your kidding me..no way...all in the 7” to 9” range all within a foot of the edge of the sidewalk ...the other detector never saw them or the vdi was so far off you wouldn’t dig it ...either way the EQ was telling me dig it...I’m glad I sold my etrac now to get this..thought about getting another etrac just because but don’t think that’s going to happen......in the 3wks I have had the EQ ...5 silvers several wheats ...part of gold ring and of course clad....it’s brought new life to old places .. not just the sidewalk.....this is just my experience so far with the Eq800...hope you have the same..

The Equinox is a parking strip Monster! Speed is everything hunting parking strips and the Nox has plenty of that..
I hit a strip with the Nox that I had hunt with my CTX two years ago.. Came out with 2 silvers, two Indians and a few Wheats..
We always miss things hunting but that was more then I had anticipated..

Bryan

Ksdirt said:
I am impressed with this machine...about 50+ hours on it in past 3wks now ......before that etrac for 6yrs and v3i the Deus ..racer2. And went to an area that has a side walk theat I have gone along (we all do the sidewalks) with all these machines and can not believe the nickels,,dimes and pennies I found.....I was like ...your kidding me..no way...all in the 7” to 9” range all within a foot of the edge of the sidewalk ...the other detector never saw them or the vdi was so far off you wouldn’t dig it ...either way the EQ was telling me dig it...I’m glad I sold my etrac now to get this..thought about getting another etrac just because but don’t think that’s going to happen......in the 3wks I have had the EQ ...5 silvers several wheats ...part of gold ring and of course clad....it’s brought new life to old places .. not just the sidewalk.....this is just my experience so far with the Eq800...hope you have the same..

Undoubtedly, the Equinox 800 is a better machine. It is obvious in such a short time the 800 is receiving such notoriety! I have only been in the detecting hobby for a very short time. A new metal detector with such capabilities, the only one that I am aware of that will scan simultaneous frequencies/kHz, and go as high complimenting the range more favorable for gold!

I can not wait for the detector to become more available! And, I believe I might be prudent in accepting this together with the patience I am forced to accept there may possibly be bugs that will be addressed.

In the interim I am learning from many post, and videos.

Therefore, allow me to say thank you for this post.

I agree. I was reluctant to post about the machine with less than 20 hours on her, but it has been getting painfully obvious to me how much faster the Nox is than the E-Trac/CTX. As I said in another thread, I am CONSISTENTLY
digging two way signals that are nice deeper targets. I pulled a non ferrous little ID plate (.5"X1") out of a whole with a nail 3" or so above and over from it. I was just getting a chirp on the plate.
I dug 8 coins and a ring today from a little strip I pounded with the E-Trac / CTX. I'm not saying they wouldn't have found what I did, but I had been through there first with the E-Trac and mostly cleaned out the easy targets. Then I pulled a few more with the CTX but it was slim pickings.
Going through there today, it was literally like a new spot, minus the silver. :nerd:

I know she will dig deep silver, but I think the E-Trac /CTX got most of those out of my current spot.

I hunted a bit today and thought "This machine is just so much faster and responsive, especially in trash. Can you imagine if Minelab can do this with more of an FBS tech - hot on silver?"
Can you? :goodnight:

Yes, with limited time it has shown so much promise! I did a small section of a field I have hunted about 5 years off and on. Every new detector has had a turn there and just having time to hit maybe a sidewalk wide and 12 foot long patch I rooted an older copper cent about 8 inches deep in with a ton of iron then a foot away a 1964 nickel only 2 inches deep. I am anxious to cover the rest of the lot and see if my gut feel that there is silver and maybe gold is right on! Years ago I pulled a 3 inch piece of 14k men's bracelet there and I hope there is still some left.

Over the weekend, I got out for a quick hunt. I found a few targets, but what stands out is the two wheats I found. I KNOW for a fact I went over those(particular) spots with every detector I have/had and did not get verifiable repeatable signals. But using the Nox, in park 2, they were pretty clear(I got a video I will post soon).

Now having said that, I will say this:

It isn't magic going on here. It is a few factors in order of importance:

Better response to targets due to the use of multi-frequency.

Ground mineral neutralization.

Recovery speed providing unmasking.

With this combination, the ground mineralization is being rendered somewhat impotent at obstructing potential targets. Also, target responses are very pronounced. That is why targets "JUMP" at you. IF anyone of these were not present, the Nox wouldn't be as effective as it is.

I am pretty excited to hit a few spots with the Nox to try to recover some deepies. if only the weather would let up.