Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox "knock offs"????

unearth

Today I was warned to beware of potential Nox "knock offs". I haven't heard or read anything about this. Is there something I've missed? Are there "knock offs" being found?

This is worrying as there are so may out there with cash in their hands waiting for a Nox.

Especially outside America.:angry: Jerry.

china will sell fakes of everything there is a demand for. If you arent buying it from an authorized dealer, you are taking a huge gamble.

I wonder if these knock offs work better--maybe someone needs to get one to compare and do some tests :) Seriously, it's amazing they can reverse engineer the product and come up with something that works at all in this short an amount of time.

If there are fakes it will be coming out of the Mideast or south Asia... and at least another 6 months away. Some companies might copy the technology and put it in their own detector that resembles an eq... but a fraction of the price and obvious cosmetic differences

Always Curious said:
I wonder if these knock offs work better--maybe someone needs to get one to compare and do some tests :) Seriously, it's amazing they can reverse engineer the product and come up with something that works at all in this short an amount of time.

they dont "reverse engineer" anything. They just put out something that looks like the detector, with guts that may or may not function as a metal detector. If you want to "clone" at detector (like quest did with the tecknetics) you have to pay them money for that (and then it may or may not work tthe same or as well as the original.

On a side note. Minelab came up with the ideas of a sealed battery and wireless headphones. This was not copied or reversed engineered from other companies in Asia

stephenscool said:
On a side note. Minelab came up with the ideas of a sealed battery and wireless headphones. This was not copied or reversed engineered from other companies in Asia
But maybe France?

I was being sarcastic. To blatantly say that China copies everything is a false and misleading statement. Since 2003 the Chinese government has cracked down on electronics. Even the gpx copies so famously from a few years ago were from the mideast

Recently saw a 15 minute "advertisement" fr om a company in France selling a detector called a Deus 3030. From looking at it anyone with experience would know it was a turd. I've also seen a Garret atx designed as an ace150. None of these were produced or manufactured in China

I don't know that there are any knock offs Yet but to be same i would Only purchase from a Respected Dealer. Items can be manufactured in one country, shipped to a different country and then be shipped from that country with no indication that they were not manufactured in that country. I have seen many shipping containers of merchandise that came from a particular country but the contents were not from that country. Customs has their hands full trying to keep fakes out of this country. If it has value someone will make a fake and try to get it into this country.