Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox lost the latest 2.0 update

Tom Slick

Uploaded the latest 2.0 update. It worked for a day of detecting but when I turned it on for a hunt today, it's gone. Only FE iron bias now. Guess I'll try to reload it and see what happens. Anyone else have this happen to their's?

Tom,
When updating firmware, the old firmware is completely erased, and the space the old firmware was in is overwritten.
There's nothing left of the old firmware code.

In other words, your detector can't 'lose an update'.
(Are you remembering how to toggle back and forth between FE and F2 with the accept/reject button?)

However, that's not to say you don't have some kind of issue.
I'd re-install the update to make sure it's completely good.

And I'd make sure to clean the pins/contacts of the magnetic part of the cable connection before you start.
I've suspected for some time that there could exist the possibility of a partially corrupt update if the cable connection isn't 100%.

Good luck, and hh,
:)
mike

Yes, I did remember that you toggle between the two using the Accept/Reject button. I'll try a reload tomorrow.