Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox manual

jim tn

Finally broke down and decided to give the Nox a try, the 600 model, and was wondering about what type of manual comes with it, easy to understand, or not? Forgot to pose this question with the dealer and also kind of wanted some of you guys thoughts on Andy Sabisch's Equinox book, so decided to ask here. Thanks in advance for your input and comments. HH jim tn

I have a 600 and I really like it. You have to download the manual. I have both of Andy's books and I think the second one would work for you! Good luck and remember that there are a lot of helpful users in this forum that are willing to give you a hand when you need it. :detecting:

I down loaded mine also. :detecting:

Here is a link to their manual https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/414877/4901-0249-7 Inst. Manual, EQUINOX 600 800 EN.pdf
Here are some tutorials on the Equinox that are really good:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...53OxszE8fjuDFC
I have the book by Andy Sabisch and it is good. Here is a link to get it directly from him signed

Mr. Jim, downloading the manual will be sufficient. It’s straight forward and easy to understand. Park1- multi freq is an excellent coin program and personally I’d start there. Of course you’ll get different opinions on this...
Good luck with your new machine and feel free to pm with any questions -Jim

Congratulations on your new purchase Jim! The factory manual will be sufficient along with a small test garden complete with masked targets. Of course you can always ask question here.
HH Jeff

It’s pretty intuitive Jim, you won’t have a problem with it. I found it’s a big help to put the decal on that tells you what settings you’re looking at, after several times out you’ll hop around the menu like nothing. I know...everybody says how EASY it is, right? Well, they’ve had their machine for awhile so for THEM it’s easy!😀 Really though, it’s pretty well laid out and you’ll pick it up quick.
Updates on your progress and thoughts on the machine when you have them please!

Thanks guys for the replies. I suspect getting used to the rather compressed tid number system will be the biggest challenge after running Fisher. Temnetics and Garrett units for so long. Looking forward to learning it....with all you guys help. HH jim tn

Thanks guys for the replies. I suspect getting used to the rather compressed tid number system will be the biggest challenge after running Fisher. Temnetics and Garrett units for so long. Looking forward to learning it....with all you guys help. HH jim tn
Yes the Equinox VDI numbers are very condensed. It has 50 VDI numbers -9 to 40 verses 99 VDI numbers for the Teknetics T2. On the Equinox -9 to 0 is the iron range. A nickel on the Equinox will give a reading of 11 to 13 where on the T2 it gives a reading of 58. A zinc cent will give a reading of 19 to 21 on the Nox where on the T2 it reads 78. A dime or copper cent on the Nox will read 23 to 25 where on the T2 it reads 83. A clad quarter will give a reading of 27 to 29 compared to 89 on the T2.

Last edited:
BTW Andy Sabischs' book "The Equinox Series Handbook" is one that I highly recomend to supplement the manuel on the Equinox. Make sure that you purchase the blue one. It is the latest updated edition. The yellow one is the older edition without the updates. Congratulations on your new detector. I have the Equinox 800 model and I love my Nox. You'll do well with it.Like any other new detector, it takes a lot of practice getting to learn what it's telling you. There's a big learning curve. Start out using one of the preset search modes and you can modify it to suit your type of hunting. HH
Walt