Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Minelab 15" coil

Daniel Tn

I have ran into a situation I was wondering if it was common or a fluke. I have both the Nox 800 and 900 and wanted a bigger coil to use with them. I decided to get the 15" Minelab instead of the 15" Coiltek. Price and weight were my two factors. Anyway...it came and I plugged it into the Nox 900 first, as it is my primary machine. I couldn't get it to detect anything. Nothing. I don't get any kind of error...the coil just doesn't work plugged into it. I was thinking bad coil...until I decided to try it on the 800. And wouldn't you know...it works GREAT on the 800. I can't find anything that says the 15" Equinox coil is only for the 600/800 but I wonder if it may be? That's what I am here asking about. The 6" Minelab coil works on both the 800 and 900....but that 15" one only works with the 800.

Sounds like a fluke. Minelab mentions the 15” coil is for the Equinox series so it should operate on the 900. Have you contacted Minelab yet?

I have ran into a situation I was wondering if it was common or a fluke. I have both the Nox 800 and 900 and wanted a bigger coil to use with them. I decided to get the 15" Minelab instead of the 15" Coiltek. Price and weight were my two factors. Anyway...it came and I plugged it into the Nox 900 first, as it is my primary machine. I couldn't get it to detect anything. Nothing. I don't get any kind of error...the coil just doesn't work plugged into it. I was thinking bad coil...until I decided to try it on the 800. And wouldn't you know...it works GREAT on the 800. I can't find anything that says the 15" Equinox coil is only for the 600/800 but I wonder if it may be? That's what I am here asking about. The 6" Minelab coil works on both the 800 and 900....but that 15" one only works with the 800.
Daniel that is strange. Minelab says the coils are compatible. I know both my 6 in and stock coils work interchangeably with my 8 & 900. Did you try a factory reset on the 900 ? Keep us posted. Mark

I did try a reset but still no go on the 900. Like I say, both the 11" coils (one that came with the 800 and the one that came with the 900) work on it...the 6" coil works on them both too. But the 15" only works on the 800. I did some digging and did find out there are two model numbers for the Equinox 15" coil. They are: 3011-0335 and 3011-0464. But nothing is listed to tell what the difference is. On one of the Book of Face Equinox groups, someone said the 3011-0464 was the newer version of the 15" but I don't know if that means they changed the ears or if they had to do something to make it work with the 900s. Or neither. I just know there's two different skew numbers for the same coil.

Reactions: BW