Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox mods?

Ted S

Who was the fella that was making shafts for the Equinox? I don't know if I will do anything to it over the winter but it's nice to know! Any other mods you folk like to do?

One MOD I did was drill a hole in the bottom shaft to let water drain out when exiting water.
After putting it in the back seat of my truck and water draining out all over the seat I learned my lesson.

Steve‘s Detector Rods although he sells other items at great prices.

I drilled holes in the coil cover to let the surf help rinse out the sand. Works great, I still clean it after use. Idea courtesy of @ColonelDan (Thanks)

Ted --

I would be glad to work with you on a new shaft this winter, if it's something you decide you may wish to do. And I can include, or not include, a drain hole in the lower rod -- that's your choice (and it's not hard to add one "after the fact," either, as greenmeanie mentioned -- use a 1/4" drill bit, and place the hole about 1" above the bottom of the carbon tube -- the bottom being where the "seam" is between the tube and the plastic fitting at the bottom of the lower rod; drilling a hole in this location will penetrate into the hollow center of the portion of the plastic fitting that is epoxied inside the carbon tube).

If you would like to chat at some point, you can reach me at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com.

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks Steve! What is the weight savings amount to? There's nothing wrong with my Equinox. So I just as well use it!

I had a CF shaft, then got the CF telescoping shaft. Well the telescoping one was too short, so I cut down the straight shaft to make a longer upper section, solving the shortness problem. I also have the folding control box mod on mine, which is super nice for backpacking. Otherwise the usual coil ear stiffeners and there’s not much else to do!

Tele-Knox are just about to release an Injection moulded folding control box fitting that will not only fit the Tele-Knox rods it will fit any other Rod out there even the MINELAB standard Nox shaft. They also are bringing out an Aluminium arm cup with a few features underneath including a pinpoint mud cleaner one side of the frame, on the other side is a bottle opener and in the centre provision to fix the RNB PWR KNOX battery pack.

Tele-Knox are just about to release an Injection moulded folding control box fitting that will not only fit the Tele-Knox rods it will fit any other Rod out there even the MINELAB standard Nox shaft. They also are bringing out an Aluminium arm cup with a few features underneath including a pinpoint mud cleaner one side of the frame, on the other side is a bottle opener and in the centre provision to fix the RNB PWR KNOX battery pack.
That control box fitting sounds awesome.

The new Teleknox folding unit plus the Aluminum Armcup are just about done and ready to leave the factory. We have two dealers in the US who will be handling sales of them, High Plains prospectors in Kansas and Serious Detecting in Michigan.. Radioworld will be handling sales in Canada. Both units are attracting a lot of interest from Equinox owners here in the UK. If anybody wants more details of the two products please message me or email teleknox75@gmail.com

Some pictures of our Injection molded folding Nox control box explaining a little feature making it usable on most makes of aftermarket Shafts and also the Original Minelab shaft.
The two screws are to use on whichever shaft you have. Our own Teleknox shaft needs the screw that is shaped to sit in our anti rotation channel that runs the whole length of all Tele-Knox shafts,
The other screw simply slots into the hole that comes drilled in all other shafts to locate the original control box fitting.

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpeg
    1 (1).jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 1 (2).jpeg
    1 (2).jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 1 (4).jpeg
    1 (4).jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 127
  • armcup (10).jpg
    armcup (10).jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 119
  • plastic folder (8).jpg
    plastic folder (8).jpg
    806.6 KB · Views: 129
I thought I would give this a bump. With record breaking gas prices predicted for the summer I may have to find a way to make my Equinox 600 more compact so I could carry it on my motorcycle..Thoughts and opinions please.:D

I thought I would give this a bump. With record breaking gas prices predicted for the summer I may have to find a way to make my Equinox 600 more compact so I could carry it on my motorcycle..Thoughts and opinions please.:D
What kind of motorcycle?

1994 Harley Davidson FXLR (Lowrider Custom) I bought it new and it only has a hair over 5000 miles on it.

1994 Harley Davidson FXLR (Lowrider Custom) I bought it new and it only has a hair over 5000 miles on it.
That's going to be tricky with the narrow seat. I've owned a Honda Goldwing for years and that seat is nice for carrying pool cue cases. I can imagine a metal detector would easily pack with the correct case. Good luck.

Ted, we spoke earlier in the thread; since your needs have changed a bit, I wanted to let you know that I also do custom shaft builds; as such, I can build you a three-piece shaft to make it as "compact" as you desire -- to fit in any size of case or bag you need it to fit into. I do this routinely for customers who have a need for a shaft that can be stowed in a small footprint for travel.

Thanks!

Steve

Thanks again Steve. I think that many of us may have to come up with different ideas this summer. As for the low mileage on the bike...I was working full time,doing a bit of detecting with a Whites Eagle Spectrum and played bass guitar in a weekend rock band...Whew!!