Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Mono or Stereo?

davidm88

When using headphones with the Equinox, does it matter which way you wear your headphones? In other words, headphones have R and L designated ear pieces so does it send mono or stereo signal? Since there is only one speaker on the detector, I would assume it's mono.

Not sure I can answer your question, but not all headphones will work with the Equinox… something to do with the way they are wired.
But my guess is stereo to answer your question… could be wrong.
Hopefully someone else will confirm or corrected this statement.

I don’t think there’s a detector that’s stereo, actually. There wouldn’t be any need that I can see. And the SINGLE speaker on the machine itself is a clue….
Right and Left are more for “these fit correctly for most people this way”. Strictly ergonomics.

I don’t think there’s a detector that’s stereo, actually. There wouldn’t be any need that I can see. And the SINGLE speaker on the machine itself is a clue….
Right and Left are more for “these fit correctly for most people this way”. Strictly ergonomics.
I believe you are correct about stereo vs mono…. I had the stereo plug in mind when I responded.

I have an old set of of Audiovox home stereo headphones I “stepped up to” when I thought the better quality sound might help. What I finally figured out was it was the exact same sound coming out both ear cups. If a detector could detect two separate items at the same time and then separate the tones simultaneously then stereo would be an interesting advantage. I finally ended up buying headphones made for detectors and the crispness of the sounds was a huge improvement in sound over the old Aud’s.