Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox New Update Question

JaWi. said:
I think I have installed the new update on my 800. How can I check it to see if It took?

Plug your machine back into your computer and it will tell you what version you have installed!

JaWi. said:
I think I have installed the new update on my 800. How can I check it to see if It took?

Launch the Minelab UU software then hook up your 800 and turn it on. You will see what version you have in the dialog box.

You could just try the F2 function if its there then it would be installed right?
HH Jeff

Try the function it takes a few seconds to click the accept/reject button.

Now what we will talk about is how to use the new device? And should it be set high on sand?

Tony NJ

This is what I was thinking

laplander said:
You could just try the F2 function if its there then it would be installed right?
HH Jeff

I have been having problems doing the upgrade. So I called Minelab support and they are working with web download not working. Will not check or go to the upgrade.
also the website says windows 10 however about three weeks ago I checked my unit for what what version I had and it worked and that was on windows 7. So I am confused.
they also said they are working on the problem and will notify by email when they have the problem solved.
when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.

Donut said:
I have been having problems doing the upgrade when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.
I had that same problem so I disconnected the usb cable from the PC then relaunched the MUU, re-hooked up the Equinox and the update went smoothly.

TinCanBeach said:
Donut said:
I have been having problems doing the upgrade when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.
I had that same problem so I disconnected the usb cable from the PC then relaunched the MUU, re-hooked up the Equinox and the update went smoothly.
Ok one question. After reloading the MUU tell it to run it says to connect the 800 via USB did you have the 800 one when you plugged the USB in or turn it on after plugging the usb in..
I’ve tried turning it on when after plugging in the usb.
Just wondering if it needs to be running when I plug into the usb

Donut said:
I have been having problems doing the upgrade. So I called Minelab support and they are working with web download not working. Will not check or go to the upgrade.
also the website says windows 10 however about three weeks ago I checked my unit for what what version I had and it worked and that was on windows 7. So I am confused.
they also said they are working on the problem and will notify by email when they have the problem solved.
when I try to do it I get to the point where it says to connect the detector but nothing happens when connect it and turn it on.

Not being a smart@ss here but make sure you are using windows 10. I was using an older laptop that had windows 7 on it and I had the same problem that you posted. Once I downloaded/installed version 10 and re-opened the Minelab utility, it saw my 600 and the upgrade took less than 3 minutes to complete on the detector. Hope this helps.

No, I did it about a moth agon to check what version I had and it worked fine and that was with Windows 7. When I did that it checked for update and if at the time didn’t have the latest version it would have let me install that.
So Windows 7 /. 10.
Even my local modern library is only running Windows 7 and don’t plan on upgrading to 10 for a few months.
So I’m not going on.

I'm running Win8 and had no problem

I just don’t understand why Minelab in my opinion made such a blunder.
It should be able to run on Windows 7 or newer. Most out there are running Windows 7.
This should be so easy .
Why did they do that it’s not that technical. Heck it’s so easy to do Garmin GPS’s

Not really. You design software for the current platform thats being supported. You cant guarantee backwards compatibility. Win7 is ancient in the computing world. Even my Win8 is outdated but I'm not going to change. Specifically ordered this laptop (years ago) with 8 because I didnt want to bugs of a brand new OS

Donut said:
TinCanBeach said:
Donut said:
Ok one question. After reloading the MUU tell it to run it says to connect the 800 via USB did you have the 800 one when you plugged the USB in or turn it on after plugging the usb in..
I turned it on after plugging in the usb cable.

TinCanBeach said:
Donut said:
TinCanBeach said:
Donut said:
I turned it on after plugging in the usb cable.
I tried all that and still nothing

Did you dump the MUU and download a new utility from Minelab? After the MUU downloads, hit “run”not save and when it opens and ask you to connect your Equinox. Make sure the Nox is still turned off, connect it and the USB cable to PC then turn on the Equinox and the update should start.

Doug,

I gave you instructions in the other thread where you had asked the same question.

The short answer is that many (if not most) Win 7 installs (especially Win 7 Pro) require the MUU to have compatibility mode turned on.
Otherwise Win 7 will not consider the USB device safe to read/write, and the program will just sit there looking. And looking. And, etc.

mike

trojdor said:
Doug,

I gave you instructions in the other thread where you had asked the same question.

The short answer is that many (if not most) Win 7 installs (especially Win 7 Pro) require the MUU to have compatibility mode turned on.
Otherwise Win 7 will not consider the USB device safe to read/write, and the program will just sit there looking. And looking. And, etc.

mike
I read the other post you sent me also. I’m not shure how to make the shortcut and the comparable thing , you did a good job on explaining things but you kinda lost me on that one.

Doug