Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox shaft length

tommass

Is the 800 long enough for a 6 ft.dude? I was going to get a longer lower shaft for my DFX. To me , it's a tad too short

Absolutely Tom,it’s PLENTY big for us larger people! Mine swings perfectly,cam locks and rods work perfectly,etc....even if I extend it to the maximum length,which I don’t do...because I don’t need to. I’m 6’1”...

The stock rods may be long enough to be honest I can't remember. I switched to an after market carbon shaft. Two things about your question.

The Equinox is basically coil heavy. You need to keep the coil close to your feet or your arm will feel it. Or add a counter weight behind the cuff.

The stock rod is terrible for beach hunting. The Cam locks are terrible on any beach shaft. And the Cuff is not up to the torque required for water swinging.

Still over all the Equinox is the best I have used in the wet sand.

goodmore said:
The stock rods may be long enough to be honest I can't remember. I switched to an after market carbon shaft. Two things about your question.

The Equinox is basically coil heavy. You need to keep the coil close to your feet or your arm will feel it. Or add a counter weight behind the cuff.

The stock rod is terrible for beach hunting. The Cam locks are terrible on any beach shaft. And the Cuff is not up to the torque required for water swinging.

Still over all the Equinox is the best I have used in the wet sand.
Exact same here I'm 6'2" and I have a carbon shaft I built but never had to extend it out to far I keep it close to my feet..

6'4" ? It will never work. Send your 800 to me and I'll send you $400 so you don't waste your time tring to make it work for you. (aren't I a nice guy). I'll send you the address to ship it to. :drinking:

I'm 6' 3" and use it one notch short of the full length so you won't have a problem. Every other machine I have on the max extension but this one seems a little longer.