Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Smoke and mirrors

JohnSilver

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but so far all I have seen are pallor tricks, I have been hungry for a real review of what the Equinox can do and all we get is pallor tricks, smoke and mirrors, I would like to see an air test followed by garden test followed by recovery test, even then I will wait until reports come in from the field.

My hope is not that it can compete with the CTX 3030 or Etrac, but how it will out shine the xp deus, I'm a coin shooter and hated the xp deus, if I was a relic hunter my opinion would be different, I want the Equinox to be:
1. as fast as the deus
2. handle bottle caps as well as the Etrac
3. ID at depth
4. be as light as the deus
5. pick up small gold
6. deep
7. auto ground track.

basically a fast light weight Etrac

The simple truth is, is that there really isn't much in the way of information regarding performance testing.

I know people are excited about the machine, but until people can get their hands on them, we are left with only speculation in terms or performance testing.

JohnSilver said:
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but so far all I have seen are pallor tricks, I have been hungry for a real review of what the Equinox can do and all we get is pallor tricks, smoke and mirrors, I would like to see an air test followed by garden test followed by recovery test, even then I will wait until reports come in from the field.

My hope is not that it can compete with the CTX 3030 or Etrac, but how it will out shine the xp deus, I'm a coin shooter and hated the xp deus, if I was a relic hunter my opinion would be different, I want the Equinox to be:
1. as fast as the deus
3. ID at depth
5. pick up small gold
6. deep
7. auto ground track.

might ask this question after its been out....but right now...pointless

JohnSilver said:

1. as fast as the deus
3. ID at depth
5. pick up small gold
6. deep
7. auto ground track.

JohnSilver said:

1. as fast as the deus
3. ID at depth
5. pick up small gold
6. deep
7. auto ground track.

I sold my Etrac to buy a Equinox when they come out but the new HF coils for the Deus really seperate ferrous and non ferrous unbelievabley!!!
I just watched Gary’s video using the 9” one with 6 nails and a silver coin it only picked up the high tone from the silver coin!
And gold too it’s a very good upgrade!
But I’m still probably going to buy a Equinox for the Waterproof of it to hunt beaches

Mkus said:

1. as fast as the deus
3. ID at depth
5. pick up small gold
6. deep
7. auto ground track.

I sold my Etrac to buy a Equinox when they come out but the new HF coils for the Deus really seperate ferrous and non ferrous unbelievabley!!!
I just watched Gary’s video using the 9” one with 6 nails and a silver coin it only picked up the high tone from the silver coin!
But I’m still probably going to buy a Equinox for the Waterproof of it to hunt beaches

At what depth is this Deus picking out these coins? I’d like to watch if there’s a link? Thanks:)

You talk "Smoke & Mirrors", I've given a shot to the Red Racer, Racer 2, Impact, AT Pro and all were a disappointment other than the AT Pro and Racer 2. Typical hype that the product doesn't stand the hands of time. All turned out to be just another detector. The Equinox may end up the same, but it has made a few claims I feel are worthy of testing myself. Mainly the first to introduce new technology Multi- IQ. Maybe nothing more than a fancy name for the same old multi-frequency technology, but I'm putting my money on a possible breakthrough in technology.

IDXMonster said:

1. as fast as the deus
3. ID at depth
5. pick up small gold
6. deep
7. auto ground track.

At what depth is this Deus picking out these coins? I’d like to watch if there’s a link? Thanks:)[/quote
Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYy2LLL89PY

Watch this forum for what other equinox owners have to say about it, which is probably what I will do.

Matter of fact, here’s a request to the water hunters on this forum who are planning to purchase an equinox........

When you get yours, please give it a good dunking and let us know how it holds up.

I bought a used CZ20 a few years back, and it being used, was concerned about flooding.

It being winter, I ended iup taking it to an indooor pool, turning it on, and sinking it to the bottom of the pool for about ten minutes.

For me, if I can submerge it down to 10ft. As it claims to be watertight to, I will be a happy camper.

Have other testers and companies done test and post them before release?
I don't remember seeing many before final release.

I plan to post a head to head in-depth comparison on signals with the Etrac and Equinox when I get it in my hands. I’ll also do the same test with my Deus in my nail infested sites.
I’m no expert or anything just a coin shooter/silver hunter but I film a lot of my hunts and love comparison videos!

I will do tests that will blow your doors off...once I GET the machine and have thawed ground.

Pre-production units and factory chosen testers are not accepted by the critical public as unbiased. We are just going to have to wait for the release of sales to the general public for a realistic assessment. I am confident enough to have pre-paid for one. I waited too long on the Deus and CTX's I bought. I am betting I won't regret being late to the dance a third time. If I do, I can live with it and I won't even complain!

I hope it is what they have said it will do. It has been suggested, that it will make other detectors obsolete? Now, what do I do with my obsolete CTX?

Bulletman

Shalom

As a kid I was not allowed to open presents before 4 am Christmas morning. You folks are wanting to open yours on Christmas Eve !!!
:blowup:

I am pretty sure it was "other single freq detectors obsolete"

bulletman said:
I hope it is what they have said it will do. It has been suggested, that it will make other detectors obsolete? Now, what do I do with my obsolete CTX?

Bulletman

Shalom