Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Smoke and mirrors

beegees said:
As a kid I was not allowed to open presents before 4 am Christmas morning. You folks are wanting to open yours on Christmas Eve !!!
:blowup:

In this case Christmas presents were initially promised in December and Christmas Eve was mid month. So both this situation and the historical religious Christmas dates are nearing a month ago. The updated "late January" report was something at least and yet vague as all get out.

It's definitely the lack of information causing the angst and impatient discussions. No question in my mind. Being late to deliver from original claims causes some, sure. But it's the giant black hole vacuum, and the fact only a couple of specific environments were "shown off" in preview videos by their front men months ago. Why would the full All Terrain claimed strength of this thing be hidden from the prospective customers? In this day and age they need to offer more. Especially if they are going to be late. Whether it's their own videos or just up to date information on their site about it or social media, something. A ball dropped is all I can say. And yet, maybe it's on purpose. Look at the interest it's building. Maybe they no exactly how to build some intrigue around this and I and the rest us are suckered in more then ever. Look, I'm posting about a contraption. WHY? I'd rather read up on suggestions for new places to detect and then go do it that hide in my home from winter and complain about a new wisbang.

Prove to us that any official Minelab notice said December release.

Tyber0z said:
As a kid I was not allowed to open presents before 4 am Christmas morning. You folks are wanting to open yours on Christmas Eve !!!
:blowup:

In this case Christmas presents were initially promised in December and Christmas Eve was mid month. So both this situation and the historical religious Christmas dates are nearing a month ago. The updated "late January" report was something at least and yet vague as all get out.

It's definitely the lack of information causing the angst and impatient discussions. No question in my mind. Being late to deliver from original claims causes some, sure. But it's the giant black hole vacuum, and the fact only a couple of specific environments were "shown off" in preview videos by their front men months ago. Why would the full All Terrain claimed strength of this thing be hidden from the prospective customers? In this day and age they need to offer more. Especially if they are going to be late. Whether it's their own videos or just up to date information on their site about it or social media, something. A ball dropped is all I can say. And yet, maybe it's on purpose. Look at the interest it's building. Maybe they no exactly how to build some intrigue around this and I and the rest us are suckered in more then ever. Look, I'm posting about a contraption. WHY? I'd rather read up on suggestions for new places to detect and then go do it that hide in my home from winter and complain about a new wisbang.

Prove to us that any official Minelab notice said December release.

We don't have to prove anything to you. Do your own homework for a change. I will give you a hint, it was said by a Minelab official.

I work 10 hours a day and don't have the time to look it up. It's not unreasonable to ask the person who made the claim to show the souce of that claim. I know you really have a hard on for me, but can you send your love letters to me in private so I don't have to read your bullshit every time I make a statement or ask a question in a thread? Every time I write something, you write something personal about me. It's getting old.

Glad I read your post. Well said.
I was going to sell my 4 Sovereign GTs and gamble on an Equinox. Why give up a known
winner for an untried rookie?

Hey JS! 1st post in 5 years? Whereya been dude?

There is always going to be apprehension especially when there is a new product. The fear of the unknown. All things have a way of proving themselves out. Be anxious for nothing. It all comes down to where the rubber meets the road or the coil meets the soil. Hear say is just that. Hopefully optimistic !! 6 months from now should prove out the theories.

shoover said:
Sounds like Minelab has a better choke hold on their testers than XP did or even the US government.

A Non-Disclosure Agreement would be the LEGAL definition of CHOKE HOLD, so you do have that right. :biggrin:

Rich (Utah)