Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Software Update Not So Good

slider66

I really been having great success with the Equinox but since the software update I have noticed that the numbers are off on my machine and the worst thing is that the pinpoint is really off now making it hard to lock in targets when pinpointing causing me to have to make multiple attempts to dig the target. Is there anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to roll back to the old software?

Sorry you've got trouble. I've had no problems at all since update.

Did you try a factory reset on your machine.

If you are having trouble pinpointing, try looking up Gigmaster on youtube. He gives a good pinpointing lesson using the Nox in his latest video.

slider66 said:
I really been having great success with the Equinox but since the software update I have noticed that the numbers are off on my machine and the worst thing is that the pinpoint is really off now making it hard to lock in targets when pinpointing causing me to have to make multiple attempts to dig the target. Is there anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to roll back to the old software?
You can roll back to the previous version by the same method you used to upgrade. If you are using Windows to do the upgrade, to find the earlier version click on the 3 small dots on the bottom right hand corner to access the rollback.

I agree....... if you dont like it just go back to the 1.5 version. I have a LOT of hours on the old program......... and have to say im not as happy with the new version. BUT......im going to put more hours in to see if i want to go back. Todays hunt was pretty bad........ targets sounded awful and like you said those digits were all over the place. However it did grab this SS chain and 1 gram 14k earring. The chain....... oddly, i have 3 Xcals and a CTX you have to rub the chain on them for them to see it??? I hunt by tones....... not so much by screen...... so the tones have to be there. I dont care much for the machine not having any noticable modulation either..... ive always liked being able to size my target just by sound. Ill give it some time ...... but so far i like the 1.5 better.

After a few hunts with the update, the only thing that I can see that has improved is the depth indicator being more accurate.

the update is available over the computer?

I hunted a few hunts now with the new update far away from EMI sources and in much mellower ground than I had with it my first few hunts. No change. Numbers still way off from the initial program. Copper Memorials/ Wheats reading up where Mercs used to read, etc. As I said before, it would be okay if I didn't already have so many hours on the original. Now, for me, it's like starting all over. The best change is crown caps bounce all over the place so now I know it's a crown cap. They used to come in very solid and stable. Very few square tabs used to come in at a solid stable 13 from different directions...now they do. The solid 13 is no longer reserved for nickels on my machine in my ground. I've given the new version a fair go.
I'm going Elk hunting until the 8th. When I get back I'm going back to the old version.

Dean

slider66 said:

Same.

Do you have the 600 or 800?
Also, when did you purchase yours?

I got mine in early August. Purchased from a dealer in PA who had it shipped straight from Minelab. Being it has no issue with lower rod wobble I'm under the impression it is a later production run.

So, now after running both software versions, I'm wondering if the update is not so good on newer production models as may be for the first run that was selling like hotcakes?

With my 600

Old programming:
Accurate pinpointing. Targets were always at the bottom of the plug
Tones were solid if good targets, sketchy if junky targets
Numbers would only jump 1-3 numbers north-south of the agreed upon target ID number

New program:
Majority of targets were in the wall of the plug hole, I'd need to excavate an inch or two in the outer diameter of the hole.
Tones have been sketchy on all targets
Numbers would jump and dive into numbers that should have been other targets. ( If it was a dime in the hole, I'd get penny signals and silver dime signals with the actual agreed upon number mixed in between the two.
A noticeable amount more of falsing. 1.5 had occasional falsing, the update was noticeably more.

I'm back to the 1.5 version as of last night and went over old ground and it was a lot less stressful hunting. Less falsing too.

I really was excited about better silver ID and the large silver issue. But large silver is a miracle to begin with, not worth it if I'm missing the plethora of dimes and quarters that are out th

Trailduster said:

Same.

Do you have the 600 or 800?
Also, when did you purchase yours?

I got mine in early August. Purchased from a dealer in PA who had it shipped straight from Minelab. Being it has no issue with lower rod wobble I'm under the impression it is a later production run.

So, now after running both software versions, I'm wondering if the update is not so good on newer production models as may be for the first run that was selling like hotcakes?

With my 600

Old programming:
Accurate pinpointing. Targets were always at the bottom of the plug
Tones were solid if good targets, sketchy if junky targets
Numbers would only jump 1-3 numbers north-south of the agreed upon target ID number

New program:
Majority of targets were in the wall of the plug hole, I'd need to excavate an inch or two in the outer diameter of the hole.
Tones have been sketchy on all targets
Numbers would jump and dive into numbers that should have been other targets. ( If it was a dime in the hole, I'd get penny signals and silver dime signals with the actual agreed upon number mixed in between the two.
A noticeable amount more of falsing. 1.5 had occasional falsing, the update was noticeably more.

I'm back to the 1.5 version as of last night and went over old ground and it was a lot less stressful hunting. Less falsing too.

I really was excited about better silver ID and the large silver issue. But large silver is a miracle to begin with, not worth it if I'm missing the plethora of dimes and quarters that are out th

I agree with everything you said. I rolled mine back also.

I have a 600 and it doesn't pinpoint well at all, the new software doesn't help either. i only use it at the beach where i can take several scoops to retrieve the target, on land it is impossible to pinpoint without digging a big hole . Thats where the Deus comes in, can pinpoint with it to hit a coin with a screwdriver almost every time.