Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox vdi numbers where gold shows up

The problem with his video is..... hes using his found gold... normally from previous machine. I assure you if you arent digging 1 to at least 23 you are missing gold. I dont believe he showed any digit 1 or 2..... and stopped at 19. So if his intent was to show where most gold falls i can see that ..... but it didnt cover the total gold range i dont believe.

dewcon4414 said:
The problem with his video is..... hes using his found gold... normally from previous machine. I assure you if you arent digging 1 to at least 23 you are missing gold. I dont believe he showed any digit 1 or 2..... and stopped at 19. So if his intent was to show where most gold falls i can see that ..... but it didnt cover the total gold range i dont believe.
Exactly!

Dont get me wrong ..... this was a very good video.... certainly dont want to trash it. I appreciate the effort he put into it. Yes .... it really helps to know why we MUST dig everything including trash by looking at this video. Those were PURE digits too..... that all changes when you add salt water, minerals, depth, angle.... ect. So what might be out of say a pull tab range ..... suddenly ends up reading as a pull tab.

If there was a hundred year old park that was never detected and the object of the exercise was to find as many pieces of gold jewellery with the Equinox, not by weight or purity.
But there's a CONDITION that must be met you are only allowed to dig one non- ferrous number all the other TIDS must be blanked out.
What TID number would you guys pick?

dewcon4414 said:
Dont get me wrong ..... this was a very good video.... certainly dont want to trash it. I appreciate the effort he put into it. Yes .... it really helps to know why we MUST dig everything including trash by looking at this video. Those were PURE digits too..... that all changes when you add salt water, minerals, depth, angle.... ect. So what might be out of say a pull tab range ..... suddenly ends up reading as a pull tab.

Good point, Dewcon. Actually, many pull tabs and rings have the same TID, tone, etc. So don't try to block pull tabs. Unless you hit a party zone with lots of pull tabs, of course.

I would mute/block out anything under 7. Sure, I would miss a few. So what? Anything under 7 is not going to have much non-ferrous content anyways.

dewcon4414 said:

How much gold content do you think is in a target that only registers a one or a two? Is it really worth digging up all the other ones and twos for an occasional gold one two? I think not. Just me... Some folks love digging up everything. More power to them, but I'm not one of them.

Hi,
hunting for jewelry, that 1 or 2 could be deep gold or it could be earrings, fine gold chain, broken gold jewelry, gold pendant.all of which could have diamonds, etc.......Prospecting that could easily be a half gram nugget. I dug one last week that came in at a 2-3. .5 gram nugget at 4" depth.

Jeff

lawsonland said:
I had an 18K earring come up at "0"

?????????????????????????​
the

That's OK.......AS LONG AS YOU KNOW WHY.......???????

To help explain...or for readers to realise, why the ZERO vdi....

Could you please post a picture of that find?

I can only surmise that it wasn't a 'LOOP' earring....or if it was...it was cracked.....?

A very thin, low k gold earring would naturally have a low VDI.....matt