Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox vs Crown Caps

Charles (Upstate NY)

So where do crown caps ID on the Equinox? On my Se Pro Minelab brilliantly exiled crown caps to the bottom/right corner of the screen far away from coins and gold. Not only can I notch them out and forget about them, I adjust my notch so that if there is a coin hiding under the crown cap the coin tends to pull the crown cap up out of my notch to inform me. That's my silver half dollar hiding under a crown cap trick.

On my other brand machine similar to the Equinox the dreaded crown caps ID right over top of the coin ID's.

In ML's latest video, there is a screen icon that looks like hamburger at the top of the range...(40?) in one of the shots. There are some comments (jokes) about it on YouTube. ML commented back...it is a bottle cap. Will large silver also ring up here? One of the best features of the CTX IMO is discriminating these out at the 1 FE line without missing the big silver at the 40's CO area! I have been on beaches where sections are completely littered with these nuisance targets. Equinox multi frequency may be able to distinguish though?

The Safari has the same VID range -9 to +40. IIRC caps fall abt 30. 40 is always junk like rusty nail.
39 silver, 38 clad 10c & 25c 36-37 copper 1c. Zincins & Indians lower.
Maybe they copied part of the Safari. If so it will be great at silver, wet salt sand also depth & ID.
Safaris weakness is high trash. The EQ seems to address that. Time will tell. If its good the Safari becomes the
beach & big field machine & EQ will be for iron filled colonial homesites & high trash parks.

Tom
LFOD !

When I tested that other similar brand crown caps were a huge problem. Could never knock them out.

Love your crown cap trick, by the way. Will add it to my notebook of your dark side notes.

Bill

TomNH said:
The Safari has the same VID range -9 to +40. IIRC caps fall abt 30. 40 is always junk like rusty nail.
Maybe they copied part of the Safari. If so it will be great at silver, wet salt sand also depth & ID.
Safaris weakness is high trash. The EQ seems to address that. Time will tell. If its good the Safari becomes the
beach & big field machine & EQ will be for iron filled colonial homesites & high trash parks.

Tom
LFOD !

That has targets crammed way too close together. On my Se Pro they are spread out so if I want to avoid digging clad and focus on silver its pretty easy. More importantly is GOLD, on an Se Pro I frequently dig targets above foil but below nickel/square tab, and above nickel/square tab, but below zinc cent. Ignoring the clad and common trash targets my gold targets dug per hunt skyrocketed. It may be that the mighty Se Pro still reigns supreme.

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
TomNH said:

Tom
LFOD !

That has targets crammed way too close together. On my Se Pro they are spread out so if I want to avoid digging clad and focus on silver its pretty easy. More importantly is GOLD, on an Se Pro I frequently dig targets above foil but below nickel/square tab, and above nickel/square tab, but below zinc cent. Ignoring the clad and common trash targets my gold targets dug per hunt skyrocketed. It may be that the mighty Se Pro still reigns supreme.

“Gold PER HUNT?” Were talking about beach hunting here I assume....

IDXMonster said:
Charles (Upstate NY) said:
TomNH said:

Tom
LFOD !

“Gold PER HUNT?” Were talking about beach hunting here I assume....

Correct!

Charles...... like the Whites they may come in at the top digit because of WRAP AROUND. Unlike the Whites...... we may not be about to knock out that single digit and im not sure LEARN wouldnt to too large an area. I believe if you can knock out hot rocks they will go too. Otherwise...... learn um or reduce sensitivity a bit.

Dew

Maybe they come in at 46 (out of 40) like the pic at the top of this page?