Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox water hunters, must see

My 800 leaked in only maybe 10" of water. I laid it down on a rock and it just slipped off into the river only 10" deep. No big deal, but soon found that the water had leaked under the display. UGH! They replaced it under warranty.
But now out of warranty and the control head also stays out of the water. Kinda sucks. I think Minelab should replace/repair all Equinoxes that leak because when we bought them we were told that they are water proof up to 9 feet. Not a good policy on their part.

I have 2 nox's and have used them repeatedly in the carribean islands and have never had a leak problem. Knocking on wood but I am taking both next week back to Aruba and they will definitely see water use. Both are out of warranty.

All well and good if under warranty....When that runs out....we ALLL are in trouble !!! Unless you want to fork over 100's of dollars for replacement
since the control unit is sealed and cant be repaired !!!!!

Oh what fun !!!! Dont expect much longevity from this machine.

HHH
Donna(NJ)

Donna, did you have trouble with the on/off switch before this happened?
I know a person whose on/off switch was hard to operate, then a few weeks later it didn’t work at all. That unit was under warranty
Tony

Donna, did you have trouble with the on/off switch before this happened?
I know a person whose on/off switch was hard to operate, then a few weeks later it didn’t work at all. That unit was under warranty
Tony
No problem before