Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox with sensativity at 10 out of 25 max. WOW!

CoinShooter01

Equinox did it again!
I hunted a park for about 1 hour before sunset.
I turned the sensitivity down to 10 , just to see how it would perform.
Ive never ran the sensitivity that low to be honest, so I was very surprised to see how well it performed. 10 out of the max. of 25, and it was still hitting on very tiny objects.
I found this very tiny backing to an ear ring at about 3" or 4".
The gold,silver, and clad were all a welcome addition as well.
The Equinox amazes me, even with sensitivity at 10 out of 25!
EDIT: This was a polluted urban park, using a little Minelab 6" coil!

IMG_4433.JPG
IMG_4432.JPG

Last edited:
Impressive results with low sensitivity!

Thank you!
I am amazed.
Its made me re-think my future settings when its hitting on micro targets like this!
10 seems to be plenty...
With what your goal is, I agree with lowering sensitivity. It’s going to be easier to decipher small items especially if the ground is polluted with targets. It’s wonderful to read you are experimenting with the Equinox!

With what your goal is, I agree with lowering sensitivity. It’s going to be easier to decipher small items especially if the ground is polluted with targets. It’s wonderful to read you are experimenting with the Equinox!
I saw a post about someone having issues with a Equinox and EMI...
I hunt extremely populated (high EMI) areas, 90% of the time, and have never considered EMI to be a problem with the Nox.
I usually have sensitivity at reasonable levels (20-22) ,so tonight I thought Id experiment with just how LOW I could go.

The Nox did just fine down to 4"depths, with sensitivity set at 10.
I turned the sensitivity down even lower (2) while experimenting extremely close to metal playground equipment.
This allowed me to get right next to the metal equipment (swing set) legs, and did not hamper the ability of the machine.

The new Manticore is suppose to take sensitivity to the next level, as maximum sensitivity will be increased from 25 to 35!
This will be great if searching for targets at extreme depths, but...
I already have a feeling we will be hearing of EMI issues with the Manticore, when in reality, a extremely high setting may be the cause.

Moral of the story is that the Equinox, with sensitivity at only 10, did extremely well in a area known for extremely high EMI,.

Nice to know I hunt a lot of areas that are far away from EMI so I never have much of a problem with it but sometimes it can be a pain!
Mark

Nice to know I hunt a lot of areas that are far away from EMI so I never have much of a problem with it but sometimes it can be a pain!
Mark
Increasing sensitivity to max only gives marginal depth improvement over say a moderate level of sensitivity. You can miss some targets with it set too high. Most have it maxxed out though .

Increasing sensitivity to max only gives marginal depth improvement over say a moderate level of sensitivity. You can miss some targets with it set too high. Most have it maxxed out though .
I go up and down very low also
Mark

When I noticed my coin finds dwindling, I increased my sensitivity to Max. It was like I supercharged my equinox! This one change made a big difference in spots I previously hunted and made many more wonderful coin finds.

I'm with Jimmy on max sensitivity hunting. A true and pin pointer measured 10" deep U S large cent that was a soft, but repeatable high tone whiff with max (25) sen. completely disappears with sen. dropped to 20. (I do this on deep targets frequently) It may only be marginal difference, but in this instance the difference between moderate sen. and max would have been enough to miss the large cent. There are times when less is best, but more is better more often it seems for me. HH jim tn

I'm with Jimmy on max sensitivity hunting. A true and pin pointer measured 10" deep U S large cent that was a soft, but repeatable high tone whiff with max (25) sen. completely disappears with sen. dropped to 20. (I do this on deep targets frequently) It may only be marginal difference, but in this instance the difference between moderate sen. and max would have been enough to miss the large cent. There are times when less is best, but more is better more often it seems for me. HH jim tn
Exactly! Well stated Jim! I dropped my sensitivity to 23 and it’s that much of a difference from 25. A difference of hearing / not hearing a deep non-ferrous target.