Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox WM-08

itaska71

Hi
I understand that the Garrett Z link will only work with Garrett wireless headphones, but can be used with any detector. It's my understanding that the Equinox WM-08 will work with any wireless headphones. Can it too be used with any detector ?
Thanks
Mark

The WM08 will only work with the Equinox. Straight plug 1/8" wired headphones and earbuds will work. Right angle plugs may not be able to make complete contact and large plug housings will not fit inside the waterproofed connector housing. Several models of Detector Pro 1/4" plug headphones will not work without a mono to stereo adaptor or a specially made third party adaptor cable.

Jeff

itaska71 said:
Hi
I understand that the Garrett Z link will only work with Garrett wireless headphones, but can be used with any detector. It's my understanding that the Equinox WM-08 will work with any wireless headphones. Can it too be used with any detector ?
Thanks
Mark

Mark,
Apparently, there's a lot of misunderstanding about the WM-08 RECEIVER module.
It will not work with any wireless headphone.
It allows you to use WIRED phones with the Equinox.

trojdor is correct. Turns wired headphones into wireless headphones. You can use wireless headphones that have a 1/8" jack which makes them wired headphones but used with the WM-08 makes them wireless. Follow that? WM-08 is fast < 10 ms.

maxxkatt said:
trojdor is correct. Turns wired headphones into wireless headphones. You can use wireless headphones that have a 1/8" jack which makes them wired headphones but used with the WM-08 makes them wireless. Follow that? WM-08 is fast < 10 ms.

[size=large]I would add that the WM-08, with wired headphones attached, is faster than the stock, or aftermarket, wireless headphones...[/size]

Why is this so confusing . The 600 or 800 transmits to the WM-08 and that part is the wireless. Then you can plug into the WM-08 with 1/4 headphone plugs. Or 1/8 ear buds (I use) with a 1/8 to 1/4” adapter.
I either place the WM-08 in one of three places. Clip on the back of my pouch or in my back pocket . And my preferred way is with the wrap around my ear earbuds and place the WM-08 on the back band of my hat and that way my cord doesn’t catch on so many things and pull the ear buds off and out of my ear. I place a piece of black tape over the bright blue light.
Believe it or not you don’t even know it is on the back of your hat.
Also the z link will not work wireless from the 600 or 800 . The Z link transmitter actuarial has to be plugged into the 600/800 by the 1/8 inch plug and your wired headphones have to be plugged into the Z link receiver.
My WM-08 pars fast and easy.

I use the WM-08 on my NOX 800
I use the Z Link on my older Minelab Xterra 70

Doug

Equinox machine headphone is not good and with it you will listen more false signals. And more noise sound's in same time . but the yellow headphone is better.

I actually think the Minelab headphones are comfortable but that may be just me and I have never seen any lag in them. I do also as said above I do use earpieces because I want to hear the people around me for safety.

Donut, FYI

ear pieces are not headphones so they are not noise canceling, as headphones are.

I can hear other people or noise around me when using earbuds. I use them in good weather.
In fall and winter I use headphones to block out wind and external noises.

Tony

MAKRO RACER POWER said:
Equinox machine headphone is not good and with it you will listen more false signals. And more noise sound's in same time . but the yellow headphone is better.

Go back to playing with your makro. There is nothing wrong with the factory headphones.

I like the wm08 and here’s how I use them.
I cut a slot 2” wide in the visor of a baseball cap. Then
I press the springy clip on back of the wm08 into the slot
I cut in the visor. Then I attach lightweight headphones
(!I am using xp wired backphones) to the hat using zip ties
So they fit over my ears comfortably when the cap is on.
I wind up the wire so it is only about 10” long-just
long enough to reach the wm08. With this it’s effectively wireless,mmHas the lowest latency next to wired phones, and with
the module facing the control pod at all times, there’s no
Problems with drop-off. This get up only works with very
lightweight phones or with earbuds.

Keep the WM-08 away from your head due to bluetooth radiation is not good for your head. I clip to my belt. No brain down there.

maxxkatt said:
Keep the WM-08 away from your head due to bluetooth radiation is not good for your head. I clip to my belt. No brain down there.
Well I question that.
You may have to throw your equinox away because it is what transmits the Bluetooth to the WM-08 and the headphones.
The WM-O8 and the headphones are only receivers and do not transmit a Bluetooth signal.

Doug v