Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUNIX 800 Question

DFXDon

What is the weight of the 800 as shipped from the factory??
DFXDon

Thanks Jeff

I see you have had a lot of machines Don. Which ones do you still have, and why?

I have the Garretts ATs the Max and pro I just sold the 2600 and all my Whites machines I'm so looking for something LIGHT as my age is starting to show so I m in the market for a nox 800 I will try one and see if I can stay out longer
DFXDon

The reason I have so many detectors is I started n 1954 with the whites condisador and I am 87 years young so that not too many machines over that time
DFXDon

I think you will LOVE the Equinox. Not only is it featgwr light, its a fantastic detector!!!

DFXDon said:
The reason I have so many detectors is I started n 1954 with the whites condisador and I am 87 years young so that not too many machines over that time
DFXDon
Now that's interesting I started with a white's conquistador my self, your the first I know of any one else who has had one.
HH Jeff

Jeff
that was a great machine I kept it in the trunk of my Government car when I traveled out of town . Me and the kids cleaned out the parks in our town we found many coins and some junk
DFXDon

It was a beast to swing as a scrawny first grader LOL The batteries were kinda funky to if I remember right. Good luck with an Equinox I think you will like the weight or lack of. The learning curve should be pretty easy, just ask away here if you have any questions.
HH Jeff

Wow! I hope I can detect when I am 87! That's just awesome!

Great machine you’ll like it my Dads 87 still detecting with me keeps him young.

Don-----My very accurate postal scales show the E800 with 11" stock coil & coil cover at 2 lbs. 14.8 oz.-----E800 with 6" coil & coil cover: 2 lbs. 7.4 oz.------Both light set ups yes, but the problem is the 11" stock coil throws off the balance on that detector (somewhat front end/nose heavy).------The 6" coil on it is super as far as ergonomics & separation plus gets great depth for that size of coil.------You give me hope for long term metal detecting my friend.-----I hope I can still be detecting at 87 yrs. of age.---I'm 80 now & in pretty good shape yet for my age---but---the getting back up from target retrieval isn't getting any easier I'll tell ya. :)-------Anyway----I'm sure you would like the Equinox 800---you might want to consider purchase of the 6" coil for it also.---------Del----- -
DFXDon said:
What is the weight of the 800 as shipped from the factory??
DFXDon

Thanks Dell nice to know
Don