Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac and nugget hunting

Minelab50

I've had an Explorer XS since 2000 and have just about worn it out. It still goes deep with the 10x12 SEF coil but I'm thinking about upgrading this year to an Etrac. The Etrac is the latest detector electronics and I don't want an upgraded Explorer. I see on the forums how well the Etrac is doing and bought the Sabisch book to get insight.
I've read how good it is for coin hunting and relic hunting but haven't seen much info on nugget hunting with it.
Have any of you used the Etrac for nugget hunting. The wife and I have been prospecting for gold & Gems and will been going to Arizona, NM and Nevada in the near future on relic hunting and nugget hunting trips.

good diggin...............................randy

Go for the 705 gold pack much better for nuggets

we love the etrac and it is a leader for hunting coins but defo not for nugget hunting hope you get some good advice from theses guys who know there stuff happy hunting to you and your wife

Etrac is great for coins and relics, but can only detect a 4 gram nugget if it is rubbed against the bottom of the coil. My Fisher LTD can pick up the same nugget at 3 1/2".

No problem finding a 1/2 oz or larger gold nugget with the E-Trac. Finding a smaller nugget will
not be easy.

Thanks for the input folks. I think I'll go with the X-Terra 705 Gold Pac for now and dig some gold to pay for a new Etrac later. The old Explorer XS will have to keep on beepin for awhile.

good diggin randy