Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac and red clay

nge

I was wondering how well the Etrac handles "red clay?" I don't live in a red clay state, but I may be going to one this summer.

Does anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance............NGE

I would believe it would depend on how “red” the clay is NGE. Huge amounts of iron oxides aren’t received well by much of anything besides a PI,from my understanding anyway. Give it a shot!

"Hi there IDX"

The E-Trac is 'PI'.(and also the CTX 3030)

It differs from the old conventional P.I. because our now famous BRUCE CANDY (Physicist) applied his superior knowledge of the sciences/mathematics involved, computer programming, and the progressive utilization of modern micro-electronics. (All safely protected in Minelab patents.

Minelab are the world-leaders in TIME DOMAIN metal-detector technology.

White’s V3-V3i....they use pulsed transmissions in their multi-frequencies mode......

Food for thought ?.......matt

metalpopper said:
"Hi there IDX"

The E-Trac is 'PI'.(and also the CTX 3030)

It differs from the old conventional P.I. because our now famous BRUCE CANDY (Physicist) applied his superior knowledge of the sciences/mathematics involved, computer programming, and the progressive utilization of modern micro-electronics. (All safely protected in Minelab patents.

Minelab are the world-leaders in TIME DOMAIN metal-detector technology.

White’s V3-V3i....they use pulsed transmissions in their multi-frequencies mode......

Food for thought ?.......matt

It definitely is food for thought Matt. I had read some discussions somewhere about how the FBS tech works and that it is indeed thought to be at least partially “PI related”. I do know one thing for absolutely sure! And that is...my Explorer and CTX have been absolutely and completely UNBELIEVABLE at coin hunting in all types of scenarios that I’ve encountered. I did get silly and also got an Equinox 800 in the hopes that the FBS/2 machines had missed something. After 80 hours with the 800 in my worked out sites...not one silver coin has come to light. These are places that have produced anywhere from 10 to 35 silver coins per site, AFTER being ransacked for decades by other hunters. It only says one thing. No matter what’s under the hood of the CTX in particular, it works. And it works SPECTACULARLY. I hope the eTrac will work as well in NGEs clay! He will have to report back...:beers:

IDX, every time I read your posts about time on the NOX and finding silver, I feel for you buddy.
Don’t feel silly at all, it took me several months to get it.
Use a slower sweep speed in Multi. I am finding silvers that have that small signal, so going fast will miss them.
They say that park one is weighted for deep silver and park two for lower targets like gold. In my opinion it’s the sweep speed because I have found silver in both modes.
Look at your favorite spot and think of places that you haven’t detected much, fringe areas.

All of my FBS machines and the NOX do good in the red clay of sports fields here where I live. The deepest I have gone down in these fields is about eight inches and I do better after the rain.
I have never detected in Culpepper Virginia, I hear that is real tough red clay.

Tony N.J.

BigTony said:
IDX, every time I read your posts about time on the NOX and finding silver, I feel for you buddy.
Don’t feel silly at all, it took me several months to get it.
Use a slower sweep speed in Multi. I am finding silvers that have that small signal, so going fast will miss them.
They say that park one is weighted for deep silver and park two for lower targets like gold. In my opinion it’s the sweep speed because I have found silver in both modes.
Look at your favorite spot and think of places that you haven’t detected much, fringe areas.

All of my FBS machines and the NOX do good in the red clay of sports fields here where I live. The deepest I have gone down in these fields is about eight inches and I do better after the rain.
I have never detected in Culpepper Virginia, I hear that is real tough red clay.
ll
Tony N.J.

***********************************​

HI Tony !

I suggest to NOX users, that they keep their RECOVERY SPEED down to minimum, and that will assist/compliment your choice of slower searching. ALSO be frugal in the level of IRON BIAS...

MINELAB themselves state that the NOX will NOT be as hot on deep/thick silver.......

5 KHz; be it via Multi; (harmonic) or single frequency, is too high for optimum stimulation of such targets.....OK if they're only down at 4/5 inches...but when at 7" or more ???

The E TRAC and CTX3030 have the advantage of 1.5 KHz as the base-frequency; so that is the reason for their efficiency on thicker, high conductive silver or copper......matt.

p.s. PULSE is PI...... (Transmissions) regardless of what the unqualified 'beepers' have to say.......

Whatever the RECEIVER process used....be it TIME-DOMAIN or FREQUENCY-DOMAIN....the definition of the TRANSMISSION method is what PI refers. to.

REGARDLESS of how those pulses are 'polarized etc......THEY ARE PULSES.......PI TX.....matt .(Qualified)