Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac and Sunray X-5 Coil

Whitetail

Hey guys...been awhile since I posted anything. Looking for some assistance. I just purchased a Sunray X-5 coil. I have the Etrac currently set up in the "coins" mode and have been detecting my yard which was built in 1814 and it seems like no matter how many times I've been over the property,
I always find something new. Just wondering if you have any tips for using the X-5 and perhaps a program you find it runs well with? My home no doubt still hides coins near the home as it is littered with nails due to a fire back in the 60's which burned the back of the house. There are pottery and glass shards everywhere in the yard. I've found old buttons, old marbles, countless coins including a 1864 2c piece in pristine shape. I know there must me more but it is difficult to tell whether it's the coil or simply the fact that I've hammered the yard so much over the past years.

Any help on this X-5 would be greatly appreciated. How do you have yours set up and do you like it?? Let me know. Thanks guys!

I love my X-5! For your location with all the nails, I would run a wide open screen, two tone ferrous and Auto +3 sensitivity. The key to success with the X-5 or any small coil is to swing it low and slow. I have found so many amazing things with my X-5. Hunting with a small coil can become addictive. Good luck with it. ATB Greg - Finding America

To max the depth out on that coil you will need run manual sensitivity at 26.

Ron in WV

The two replies each have their merits...when you’re running in ultra dense trash though, the sensitivity being TOO high can cause problems. Remember...the higher the sensitivity, the more the machine sends through to be processed into audio and VDI. A US coin is a relatively easy target for the machine to report, even at decent depth with modest sensitivity. If you try to overrun the sensitivity in the interest of depth in a place like that, the machine will start to report ANY shard of anything, and has a high chance of also skewing a good target so badly that it may wind up in the “bad column”. My advice would be to use Auto+3 for awhile and see how you do. If nothing comes about, go to a higher level of manual sensitivity, because at that point you have nothing to lose.
In areas with SOME trash but not THAT MUCH trash....you can wind up the sensitivity. JM2C....