Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac at Beach

fsdigital12

Looking for those who have used the Etrac at the beach for a while.

No, I'm not getting a CTX LOL

How does your Etrac hold up to the beach/salt water spray? Have you had any issues with corrosion?

I plan on using a sun ray display cover for the box and a protective cover that covers the arm rest/battery area.

Wondering how your mileage has been.

Thanks!

The Etrac works great on the beach. Get the plastic control box cover. I use my Etrac and Excal on the beach. Concentrate on where the stones and pebbles collect on the shoreline, because that's where all the good stuff is too.

Have used mine on the beach on a fairly regular basis for 3 years. I'm a little crazy and will even wade into the surf line up to about calf deep with it. Have a box cover and screen protector on it. Remove upper and lower shaft and rinse well when I get home, no problems. Use an Ultimate 13 coil, gives me better results than stock. Run with manual sens as hot as I can stand, often wide open and only a little iron disc. Dig the rest. It's treated me pretty well so far!