Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ETrac audio "clunk"

BHNugget

Ive seen a few posts that refer to the audio "clunk" that the etrac occassionally makes and have heard it when using a borrowed etrac. Does this audio clunk signify something or is it just an anomally of the software the etrac uses?

I have been told that the "thunk" at the end of a signal indicates that the target is at the end of the depth range that the machine is able to read in that soil and configuration...I have tested my detector by lifting the coil over targets and was able to reproduce the sound, so it may be correct....

anyone else???

I have inquired as well, and was told by several members it was the sound of a coin on edge.
I can tell you I have dug many coins and silver coins on edge, including a walking liberty that was on-edge and IT DID NOT THUMP, and was no-where near the end of detecting depth.
So, I am guessing maybe it is picking up on something deeper???
Why the Minelab manual does not indicate this...I have no idea. :shrug:

Whenever I get the kerthunk type sound, it produces a good number on the screen, but the signals is very short, just a quick kerthunk type and in my experience it has been two things, either a very deep coin, or more times than not a coin that is straight up and down on edge