Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac bootup issues

cw3

Took the Etrac out last weekend and it now has an issue booting up.

You press the power button and it does not go through the whole boot up process. It makes the song for a split second then right to the detect screen. After it boots up all other buttons work except the back light. If you hold the back light button down the detector shuts off. If you press it for a second the screen goes black then back on. It seems to be hitting targets like normal. Just checking if anybody else has had this issue.

Sounds like something has come loose inside i recomend sending it in for service.

Reactions: cw3
Your issues sounds identical to the way mine acts. It does work fine and has great depth but I cant use the back light. once in a while it will go through the entire boot up process but most of the time it skips the intro with the graphics of the coil swinging and
jumps right into detect mode. It has been doing this for about 2 years.
I have also gotten it to shut off when trying to turn on the back light. sometimes I have had to try 3 times before it will even turn on correctly.
I bought a new face plate and will put that on this winter to see if it makes a difference. I have had the faceplate off and didn't see anything loose or abnormal so it must be something internal.
Originally I thought it had something to do with me accidentally drilling into a headphone wire when i drilled holes in my machine to make it lighter but i resoldered that wire and it still has the issue.

Dave
Took the Etrac out last weekend and it now has an issue booting up.

You press the power button and it does not go through the whole boot up process. It makes the song for a split second then right to the detect screen. After it boots up all other buttons work except the back light. If you hold the back light button down the detector shuts off. If you press it for a second the screen goes black then back on. It seems to be hitting targets like normal. Just checking if anybody else has had this issue.

Reactions: cw3
If you guys having the problem haven't tried the master reset you may want to write down all your settings and give that a try. I know a guy on the forum that does the master reset every year just to clean it up and prevent problems.

Good Luck,
Ron in WV

I don't have an answer for your issue, I do use the power button reset once a month as habit, and do a master reset once every 6 months of use. the master reset will erase all your programs and settings to factory default, the power button reset will leave your programs but change your settings to default... so you just have to select a program and re enter your settings and save...

I did a factory reset through the options menu. I will try the power button reset tonight.

I took it apart and reset all connections. Its spotless inside. All that made no difference. I think its the main card or the screen shorted.