Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac coil comparison ?

fishnnut

Hello,
I am a new Etrac user and just was wondering about getting a small coil for trashy areas. There are many coil choices on the market but was wondering if anybody has done any testing between the Excellerator 6" Eq2 pro and the Sunray X-5? Similar size and both closed design but just wondering as far as depth/seperation or quality between these 2? Also the sef 6 x 8 might not be a bad choice..... any input would be appreciated and thanks. HH

HEY,

I had that same question, but lucky for me some here on the forum tested about every coil made for the etrac. I picked the 6 inch dd coil and have not took it off since.
Here is the link coil test.
I do a lot of mixed hunts tot lot, civil war, coin shooting, and beaches(about the only time i will use the stock coil beaches to cover ground) that 6 dd is a killer. I will wreck a site with that coil. I can turn the etrac on sen on blast with no hiccups (about 27/2:geek: and the seperation is amazing and the target Id is great I tell if i got a zinc penny, dime,copper penny, civil war bullet,brass.... trust me the 6 inch dd is one bad mofo.

PS, Tell me what you picked, and the link is http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627,1055627#msg-1055627

6" Excellerator DD, this coil should be banned. I go on a civil war hunts with my pal who pal uses a mtx with a 9 x 5 coil.(he has over 20years MDing) I have no problem following behind him and cherry picking the bullets,his machine cant see thought the trash. He lead me to a rifle pit ,he walked around it and got nothing I followed and popped 4 bullets about 8/9inches deep and one was under a root. The target id Is DEad on bullets 13/14-19 bullet frags 18/17-19 .22cal brass 22/20-18 etc....
Trust me brother 6" Excellerator DD go nice slow and you will wreck a site. I have cleaned out tot lots no coins left but the pennies I leave behind for newbies.
You can crank up the sen and pull coins and bullets 12inches all day.:yo:

The problem is the 6" excelerator is hard to get. Been trying to get one now for a month through kellyco.. still on backorder :(. Wish I knew of another source that had one in stock.

When I ordered mine from Kellyco it was on back order( They cannt keep them in stock HINT HINT) and yes it is from Bulgaria.
It was on sale for $120 and I waited three weeks. It was worth the wait, It makes the etrac lighter just slow down your swing speed