Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac coil cracked

~ACE~

Hey guys. I have the stock coil on my etrac. Does the stock coil have a cover or is it the actual coil? Mine is cracked so I'm wondering if it needs to be replaced. Thanks folks

They all originally come with a coil cover, however you can spray can the bottom with bed liner spray . Works great check it out in the forum search .

If you bought it new, it should come with a cover. Having said that i run all my coils without a cover.
The eTRAC stock coil cover is a loose fit with numerous gaps at least with mine which collects soil, weeds, leaves, small twigs, you name it.

Yes ! Just slowly go around the edges pulling away from the coil. The coil surface itself is a shinny gray glass looking . A new coil cover is approx. $17 or so. Or a can of rubberized bed liner can be used after you remove the old cover , clean the coil surface then spray. If you replace with a new coil cover then remember to take off periodically to clean out the dirt that will accumulate under the coil cover.

Ok. Thank you very much. I was scared to death to pull it off in fear of it being the actual coil lol. A friend of mine has had an etrac for years and had no idea that it was just a cover either :rofl:

I sealed all around the edges with silicone caulk.

Unless you do a lot of detecting in rocky areas, forget the cover. Although for a cover to get that damaged, it appears it seen a lot of rocks, abuse or maybe a 'tree bash' or two after the umteenth pulltab?:heh:

As i said earlier, i do not use coil covers, not a coil hover'er and have a lot of miles on all of them over the years.... covers are a PITA to keep clean underneath.

A couple years ago, i pulled the coil cover off my ATPro to clean and it cracked in the process. About the same time my eTRAC was falsing like crazy for no apparent reason, come the find out there was a ton of soil, weeds and other junk between the cover and the coil. That was the last straw...the end of covers for me.
A coverless coil is more or less self-cleaning!

Having said all this, my coils usually don't see rocky areas that much. If one of my coils wears out, there's more where that one came from.

Well, you're pretty much right about the rocky area, except for swinging it and hitting the rocks lol. I was walking down a rocky embankment last week and slipped when a look rock gave away. Down I went! Other than a few minor cuts and bruises, the broken coil cover was the only damage. I just noticed it the other day

pop it off and clean everything and replace it and just shoot a little silicone over the cracked part