Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac Construction

mike5853

I had an Etrac a few years ago and just got a new one delivered today. It feels different some how. Has the build quality changed at all over the past few years or are they as durable as ever? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Did you purchase your new E-T from an authorized Minelab dealer??

Asking because there are counterfeits out there. Do a "fake minelab E Trac" search on Google.

jughed440 said:
Did you purchase your new E-T from an authorized Minelab dealer??

Asking because there are counterfeits out there. Do a "fake minelab E Trac" search on Google.

Yes, from Kellyco. The back light was very dim too. I had one a couple years ago - should not have sold it - and it seemed beefier and had a great back light as well.

Just out of curiosity Mike, I thought you were a Tesoro guy. Specifically, a video saying the Vaquero was every bit as good as the E-trac at less than a third of the price. Did you end up having a bad experience with the Vaq to return to Minelab? I hope this post doesn't appear smartassed as that's not how I intended it. Best of luck to you.

Coin$triking Michigan said:
Just out of curiosity Mike, I thought you were a Tesoro guy. Specifically, a video saying the Vaquero was every bit as good as the E-trac at less than a third of the price. Did you end up having a bad experience with the Vaq to return to Minelab? I hope this post doesn't appear smartassed as that's not how I intended it. Best of luck to you.

No. I still think for the money, the Vaquero is one of the best detectors on the market. I buy test, compare, and then usually sell the detectors after a few months. I look pass the bells and whitles and judge a detector by how effective it is. The testing I've done showed me that the Vaquero can be just as effective as any other detector, at any price point, which is pretty cool when you compare cost. I just bought a Whites V3i to test/compare over the next 5 - 6 months. Should be interesting. By the way, I also said in the video that the Etrac is an excellent detector, which it is. Good hunting.