Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac/Explorer SE On Trashy Parks

Coilfisher

How well does the E-Series do with a small coil in trassssshhhy parks?
(Just curious because I have another brand machine that is real good in trash).
I recently did one with an 8x6 SEF and really scored no keepers---I was quite surprised.
It was my first time taking it out and really buckling down in the trash with the Minelab and a small coil.
There were pull tabs EVERYWHERE reading like nickles.:surrender:

I use a Etrac with the 6" Excelarator coil on it and I absolutely love this set-up in trashy areas I use it 90% of the time due to the trashy areas I hunt. It separates the trash from the goodies and the depth is pretty good to. I run Bill_S trashy park pattern all the time and it works great!!!

You keep preaching that x-5 coil Bart and I may just end up with one ;)
(I myself am about 90% sold on an x-5) Bart is the man to talk to if you are looking for a coil as well!
I have heard nothing but good things about this coil. There is actually a pretty good youtube video out there of a gentleman running it taking time to pull not only the good target but the iron as well so you can see just how good of a job it does...

Neil

I recently bought A Sunray X5 used from someone on another site. I hardly ever put my 8X6 SEF on anymore, or even my 11" pro coil for all that matters. I am seeking out all those super trashy areas that I passed up years ago, yep they are even worse now a days, but I have a secret weapon Sunray X5, and I have weeded through some of the worst crap that you'll ever go through. And I am getting great results, wheats down to 6,7,8 inches. Silver dimes right in with the tabs and caps and being able to separate them from the junk. But, you must go really slow, and listen for the little "blips". I also use Bill-S trashy park pattern, and also TTF.......nge

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Get the Sunray x-5 for trashy areas. Best coil out for that!

I am thinking Bart has something here and this may be the way to go as you have all said.
I have taken the SEF 8x6 out again and ....no keepers. I am quite surprised as I crept along with it in a park that dates back to the 30's. I crept and listened real well.
So, analyzing the situation...and looking at the coil size, the SEF 8x6 is about as big as any standard 8" concentric that has pounded the same parks for 40 years.
Except for the DD mineralization slicing and a slighty wider path sweep compared to the 8" concentric, it seems it would really be to your advantage to use the 5" Sunray if you want to
pull any leftovers out.

Go over to the Explorer forum and read Bryces field test reports on coils may help you decide on one the SunRay X-5 is a great coil if I didn't already have a 6" excelarator I would buy one.

88junior said:
Go over to the Explorer forum and read Bryces field test reports on coils may help you decide on one the SunRay X-5 is a great coil if I didn't already have a 6" excelarator I would buy one.

I have read them numerous times.
And he rates them all as pretty much exceptional. :beers: :clapping: :angel:
They are going to find things--no question.
As far as FUNCTIONALITY, I am saying the 5.5" Stealth would prove more useful unless you are working an iron-laden old home site or need to snake in between trees in an older park to cover some area.
If you are simply working a trashy area, this appears the way to go.

Thx.

I have the X-5 also and am amazed at the depth it gets. One thing that wasn't mentioned in this post is that it is a solid coil with out any openings. I hunt mainly old abandoned farmyards and country school yards. Open coils will get hung up on dead bromegrass and sticks. The X-5 is easy to snake through all of this trash. It is also very light at just 10 ounces.

the 6" Excelerator coil.

The edge in separation would go to the Sunray X-5.

The Sunray X-5 gets great depth too and I hit numerous keeper coins as deep as 8" with it in extreme trash.

With the 6" Excelerator though...I hit numerous keeper coins as deep as 9"...and I truly mean a LOT of them in very dense trash.

I'm pretty sure the X-5 is a 5.5" coil whereas the 6" Excelerator is a full 6"...so one could obviously expect a slight edge in separation to the X-5 and a slight edge in depth to the 6" Excelerator.

Whether I used the E-trac or my SE...the results were the same.

They are both great coils and are both closed coils...so no stubble hang-up.

They have both served me extremely well...and I think you would not make a wrong choice with either.

I snagged this:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/elcruisr/IMG_20120903_175011.jpg

Out of a carpet of roofing nails with the Sunray X-5 on my E-Trac with Bill_S's Trashy Park program and a very slow swing two weeks ago. 10+ nails per swing. In heavy trash it's my tool of choice. It also does good with TTF.