Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac finds!

Gannon

I’ve hunted this one site to death with my deus and at pro.. once I got the Etrac.. silver is in the bag! This is from 3 diffrent hunts at an old school. Back end of the property has some deep signals where the mercs were hiding!

right on Gannon.....i love seeing this because you always hear these stories of..the Deus this....and the deus that....
screw the deus is say!!lol
the Etrac is a beast and this proves it resoundingly
curious as to the area you hunt in geographically....and the levels of sensitivity and modes you worked the Etrac in to get all these great recoveries after those lesser machines left you hanging??

Gannon said:
I’ve hunted this one site to death with my deus and at pro.. once I got the Etrac.. silver is in the bag! This is from 3 diffrent hunts at an old school. Back end of the property has some deep signals where the mercs were hiding!

Those are some awesome first results with your E-Trac Gannon. When I first got mine I had a blast going back to all of my sites with it. (Still do!) It was an eye opener as the E-Trac is a coin hunting monster second to none. I couldn't believe some of the ones that I had missed. Keep posting and I look forward to seeing what you find next. HH

Greg

sunraysux said:
right on Gannon.....i love seeing this because you always hear these stories of..the Deus this....and the deus that....
curious as to the area you hunt in geographically....and the levels of sensitivity and modes you worked the Etrac in to get all these great recoveries after those lesser machines left you hanging??
You know what I’ve learned that each group of fan boys (and girls lol) hype up their favorite no matter what. BUT! For me, living in Tennessee dealing with red clay, and after using countless detectors the Minelab E-Trac is KING! I’ve used the deus a lot... but for some reason the Etrac slams deep silver and coins better than the deus.

Now.. if the nails are bad I’m taking the deus but any other situation... Etrac!

cz70pro said:

Those are some awesome first results with your E-Trac Gannon. When I first got mine I had a blast going back to all of my sites with it. (Still do!) It was an eye opener as the E-Trac is a coin hunting monster second to none. I couldn't believe some of the ones that I had missed. Keep posting and I look forward to seeing what you find next. HH

Greg

Thanks Greg! All these silvers in the photo came from an old field I gave up on. After using high manual sens.. like 27 or until falsing occurs than I back off...the deep ones started appearing. I firmly believe that auto sens is not for deep silver seekers. I’ve tried it..and I didn’t find a single coin below 7 inches deep.
This guy was 9 inches deep!

Gannon said:

Greg

Thanks Greg! All these silvers in the photo came from an old field I gave up on. After using high manual sens.. like 27 or until falsing occurs than I back off...the deep ones started appearing. I firmly believe that auto sens is not for deep silver seekers. I’ve tried it..and I didn’t find a single coin below 7 inches deep.
This guy was 9 inches deep!

You are right. I remember when I first started out with it I was just running Auto +3 because I really hadn't learned about Manual yet. I remember thinking that I just wasn't finding the deep coins like all the other people I had seen in the videos. Once I kicked it over to Manual and as far up as I could go before it started falsing too badly. the deep silver starting coming out of my sites. Before I bought my E-Trac I watched Bill_S's videos all the time and I learned a lot from them. He found a lot of deep coins running Auto +3 but he also seems to have some very good soil where he lives as I would see his sensitivity constantly running very high at 27-28 in Auto. My Auto +3 usually runs about 17-18. Another thing is that even if all I can run it at is say 17 or 18, it is better to run 18 in Manual than 18 in Auto. I have found in my area that the same number in Manual hits harder and goes deeper than the same number in Auto.

That said, there is a time and place for Auto and I have used it with success when I am in some really bad soil and I just need some stability in order to hunt the area, Better to get the shallower targets than none at all. I used it earlier this month when I found the gold ring I posted earlier about. I just could not get the machine to calm down that day. Probably a combination of the EMI and bad ground but the Auto +3 came in very handy then.

I was looking at your pic again and it's not just the four silver that is impressive but what is really impressive is you have about 50 coins in your pic that you could not or did not find with your Deus and AT. That is what really tells the story. I have a lot of respect for the XP Deus and I think the combo of the Deus and the E-Trac is just about the best pair of detectors one could have. The Deus just does not measure up to the E-Trac when it comes to coin shooting but it is great relic hunting especially with the new coils.

If you think it is fun now, just wait until you really learn the E-Trac and it becomes second nature using it. Hunt in multi-tone and put a lot of effort into learning the tones and what they are telling you and you will be greatly rewarded for your efforts. Once you think you have it hunted out using multi-tone hunt it again with Two Tone Ferrous. Once you really learn the machine you'll be amazed at the finds you'll make. Can't wait to see what you find with it.

Greg

That’s a lot of coins after using those other machines. Looks like you’re doing really well with the Etrac! Congrats!

sunraysux said:

I agree with you Sunyray I love my Etrac!

Very informative post Greg, I'm relatively new with the Etrac but have been metal detecting 20+ yrs using Beepers with good results. After watching a million videos on various machines with screens, numbers, needles, 3D and Holograms I chose the Etrac and I'm glad I did.

I've been aware of Minelab history and products for years and that alone was a big influence in my choice of the Etrac.

But what's most important to me is I didn't find another detector made that offers the choices of functions that the Etrac does, and even more than that each and everyone of those functions have a use and perform as advertised. I relic hunt mostly and have found cavalry stirrups at 14 inches that produced clear loud tones in TTF. I have a lot to learn about the detector but another big plus is that there are numerous forums and videos that offer suggestions and help from Etrac users around the world.

I don't see anything on the horizon that will outperform the Etrac when all of it's functions and capabilities are considered.

Minelab is currently releasing a new detector aimed at a particular market and I'm sure it will be a good machine but Minelab didn't fall off of the pulltab truck from Goobertown yesterday.

The Etrac and FBS is King in my opinion and I believe it will remain so. Oh, and now there is a US based service center.

sunraysux said:
Nice finds I had both machines and kept the Deus not because it was better but I have bad tennis elbow and the Etrac is a club compared to swinging a Deus and I found coins in places I hunted with my Etrac that I know it missed..
But the Etrac was my go to beach machine so stable on saltwater beaches so I’ll wait till the Equinox comes out and maybe buy one of those but it looks an awful lot like a Deus here is a couple hour hunt with Deus in a 1954 ball field two weeks ago with Deus...

Normx2 said:
Very informative post Greg, I'm relatively new with the Etrac but have been metal detecting 20+ yrs using Beepers with good results. After watching a million videos on various machines with screens, numbers, needles, 3D and Holograms I chose the Etrac and I'm glad I did.

I've been aware of Minelab history and products for years and that alone was a big influence in my choice of the Etrac.

But what's most important to me is I didn't find another detector made that offers the choices of functions that the Etrac does, and even more than that each and everyone of those functions have a use and perform as advertised. I relic hunt mostly and have found cavalry stirrups at 14 inches that produced clear loud tones in TTF. I have a lot to learn about the detector but another big plus is that there are numerous forums and videos that offer suggestions and help from Etrac users around the world.

I don't see anything on the horizon that will outperform the Etrac when all of it's functions and capabilities are considered.

Minelab is currently releasing a new detector aimed at a particular market and I'm sure it will be a good machine but Minelab didn't fall off of the pulltab truck from Goobertown yesterday.

The Etrac and FBS is King in my opinion and I believe it will remain so. Oh, and now there is a US based service center.

Thanks Norm. I also relic hunt a lot with my E-Trac in addition to coin hunting. It is a very under rated relic machine IMO. I have also dug very deep targets with it including a 3 ringer at 11" and pistol balls at 8". As a coin hunter there is no better machine out there. As an all around machine, it is second to none and I will never be without an E-Trac from now on. I just love the detector. My next machine looks like it will be a DeepTech Vista Gold Gain for some of my hunted out relic sites and parks.

I’ve seen this time and time again in my own experience...site hammered by others for decades and myself with single freq machines...bring in the Explorer2 and CTX and it lights up. The signal processing used by Minelab is IMO some sort of “signal subtraction”...they are SO unbelievably good at finding good targets next to,on top of,under,touching other things that it’s really hard to believe sometimes. To make this WORK,the machine needs time to process what it sees. Hence,they are “slower”, but incredibly accurate in ALL of MY conditions.
I’ll likely piss someone off here,but I cannot fathom the Equinox doing what FBS does. I assume it will be good on many levels,but not to this degree. I hope I’m dead wrong,because then we get another viable tool to hunt these terrible places that hold a lot of good targets.
Hunting like that makes a guy smile and just shake the head in amazement. Nice work Gannon!

Gannon said:
You know what I’ve learned that each group of fan boys (and girls lol) hype up their favorite no matter what. BUT! For me, living in Tennessee dealing with red clay, and after using countless detectors the Minelab E-Trac is KING! I’ve used the deus a lot... but for some reason the Etrac slams deep silver and coins better than the deus.

Now.. if the nails are bad I’m taking the deus but any other situation... Etrac!

You can never go wrong with the Etrac!

Normx2 said:

Agreed totally Norm,FBS is king....when results are sampled over time with quality,depth and accuracy or finds. How many people can’t be wrong? None of them...
If the Equinox does some things better,it’ll be nothing short of a miracle,and I’m not talking about weight as being “better”. Weight doesn’t provide target ID on deep coins...

IDXMonster said:

Agreed totally Norm,FBS is king....when results are sampled over time with quality,depth and accuracy or finds. How many people can’t be wrong? None of them...
If the Equinox does some things better,it’ll be nothing short of a miracle,and I’m not talking about weight as being “better”. Weight doesn’t provide target ID on deep coins...

IDX, really looking forward to see how IQ does in comparison to FBS. I really like what I have read about IQ but I think FBS will remain king when it comes to coin hunting and deep target ID.

Pulled another one yesterday! A cut up Rosie about 5 inches down.

These are all sites I’ve pounded to death!

I’ve stated this before but what I’ve done is go back to all my cataloged spots. I start in a corner and begin gridding. I then mark the spot and direction I left off when I come back,
Now this takes FOREVER it is painfully slow, my arm hurts swinging for 4 hours straight but the Etrac is killing it! :cheers:

Hello Gannon,
Well your off to a great start. It only gets better as you begin to realize that all singles are not all black and white. I'm 4 years into the etrac and I'm still learning.
HH and I look forward to watching your success.
DIGGERVANCE

diggervance said:
Hello Gannon,
Well your off to a great start. It only gets better as you begin to realize that all singles are not all black and white. I'm 4 years into the etrac and I'm still learning.
HH and I look forward to watching your success.
DIGGERVANCE
Thanks! I’m filming most my hunts on my little youtube channel. I’ll post up a link in my signature.
My poor deus hasn’t been out in weeks!