Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac newbie - couple silvers but...

amc rulz

I don't get the depth I was hoping for. I've getting silver (dimes) every other hunt, but they seem to be shallow, at five inches best.
So, today I buried a crisp silver rosie at 8". Can't get the Etrac to bleep, air testing is good (10"). I'm using a coin program I found on the tube, sens set at 28 manual, and using the 10x12 SEF. I've even tried wide open screen, still can't detect the dime at 8".
I broke out the ol Explorer 2, no problem whatsoever hitting that dime, with depth to spare.
I have a good 25 hours on the new machine, not sure what's going on, anyone have any advice for a newb?

Set you ground to difficult. Set your trash to high. Set your volume gain to 28. Set recovery deep to off. Set recovery fast to off.

khouse said:
Set you ground to difficult. Set your trash to high. Set your volume gain to 28. Set recovery deep to off. Set recovery fast to off.
Thanks - I've done that already, I've buried targets in my yard, it's trash-free. Tried about every combination of settings also.

FBS detectors do not do well with freshly burried coins from what I have read. They have to be in the ground for some time to get the effect only a coin can give that has been burried for a long time.

PowerDetecting said:
FBS detectors do not do well with freshly burried coins from what I have read. They have to be in the ground for some time to get the effect only a coin can give that has been burried for a long time.
I agree with you about that. But, my explorer hits the same coin hard, using the same coil.

Surely you noise canceled first in the air a foot above the ground? Move to side and noise cancel ON the ground and see if the channel it selects changes and check the reults bon both channels. Also go to Auto +3 instead of man 28. I have found a cleaner signal at times at lower sensitivity as if I was trying to overdrive it.

Perhaps you got a crappy unit :(

Unless you've got a problem, the only thing I can think of...from my test garden is.

In Auto - start swinging slow, then keep increasing swing speed over target until you can pick it up. This is the optimum swing speed for deep coins in Auto.

In Manual, swing speed isn't critical. You should be able to crawl and still pick up the target.

This is what I've found, anyway. Hope all goes well with the machine, but YOU'RE right, you should be able to pick it up.

NebTrac