Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac old school or is it šŸ¤”

To really take a huge step weā€™re going to have to get into the realm of imaging.
The CTX 3030 is supposed to have FBS II technology, no? The E-Trac is FBS I.

Questions:

Is FBS II significantly better than FBS I? And, what would FBS III technology look like?

How would imaging work on coins in the ground other than flat?

Any hints or guesses at what the E-Trac replacement will look like?

The CTX 3030 is supposed to have FBS II technology, no? The E-Trac is FBS I.

Questions:

Is FBS II significantly better than FBS I? And, what would FBS III technology look like?

How would imaging work on coins in the ground other than flat?

Any hints or guesses at what the E-Trac replacement will look like?
From having run the Explorers and CTX, I think all FBS machines are very similar in outright performance, with the CTX for ME being a little easier to find initial deeper targets with because it has the Combined tone option. Just a preference thing really.
I have NO idea what Minelab might do next, or for that matter what they CAN do. Because of the whole ā€œdirt swamping a signalā€ thing itā€™ll be hard to apply extra TX power for depth in a useful way, especially for people who still like to employ a meter in their hunting. A PI will obviously get you depth at the expense of some horrible resultsā€¦so I donā€™t know what the next step is.
As far as imaging and coin positionsā€¦.yeah, another tough one. The detector field in general has some great minds, so hopefully soon we will be the beneficiaries of all that collective knowledge.
Lastlyā€¦.if they made an FBS machine with the eTrac/CTX electronics in it with the weight and configuration of a Deus at less than 1,000$ā€¦.I would personally buy it, no questions asked. Thatā€™s ME, and Iā€™m certainly not everybodyā€¦

I don't have any idea if Minelab is thinking about a E-Trac II but for me it is the E-trac original. I just can't seem to think that jumping way up to a CTX 3030 would be a good spend of my few dollars.
I bought me a well used backup for my bought new E-Trac and I hope between the 2 of them they will last me through the rest of my days of hunting. I am 73 now so you do the math.
I can't worry about the E-Trac II, I just want to keep hunting as long as I can with a good machine.

Ron in WV

I don't have any idea if Minelab is thinking about a E-Trac II but for me it is the E-trac original. I just can't seem to think that jumping way up to a CTX 3030 would be a good spend of my few dollars.
I bought me a well used backup for my bought new E-Trac and I hope between the 2 of them they will last me through the rest of my days of hunting. I am 73 now so you do the math.
I can't worry about the E-Trac II, I just want to keep hunting as long as I can with a good machine.

Ron in WV
I agree Ron I'm sticking with my Etrac I think it is the best!

I agree with WV62 and sasquache: there is nothing on the market that does what the E-Trac does at the price that the E-Trac does it. And I also agree with IDXMonster: an E-Trac II with advanced FBS II electronics in a lighter chassis would be unbeatable. (I don't need the GPS technology in the CTX 3030.)

I was looking at $1000+ VLF detectors of all brands last night and I am CONCERNED. With the E-Trac discontinued isn't everything else on the market a step down?

Serious question: Does Minelab have a monopoly on FBS technology? (I think so.) Does anyone else have a comparable technology? (I think not?)

To really take a huge step weā€™re going to have to get into the realm of imaging.
I was excited when nokta unveiled the invenio, i think im spelling that right. Then i saw the price tag and watched some footage on it, and i wasn't as impressed, but still it looks neato and has its nitch. Thought we were making a huge step there

I agree with WV62 and sasquache: there is nothing on the market that does what the E-Trac does at the price that the E-Trac does it. And I also agree with IDXMonster: an E-Trac II with advanced FBS II electronics in a lighter chassis would be unbeatable. (I don't need the GPS technology in the CTX 3030.)

I was looking at $1000+ VLF detectors of all brands last night and I am CONCERNED. With the E-Trac discontinued isn't everything else on the market a step down?

Serious question: Does Minelab have a monopoly on FBS technology? (I think so.) Does anyone else have a comparable technology? (I think not?)
I believe the E-Trac was released in 2008.
You do know technology advancements have improved metal detectors right

u2robert wrote:
"I believe the E-Trac was released in 2008.
You do know technology advancements have improved metal detectors right?"

SHOW ME. <~ Not being sarcastic. Seriously, show me the machine--any machine--that is more technologically advanced (not interested in GPS gimmicks) than the E-Trac.

Show me a new machine from any company that has more power, and better discrimination that the E-Trac.

Not being a dick, I am seriously looking for something better than an E-Trac, and I can't find anything that even comes close.

I was excited when nokta unveiled the invenio, i think im spelling that right. Then i saw the price tag and watched some footage on it, and i wasn't as impressed, but still it looks neato and has its nitch. Thought we were making a huge step there
Me too stryker I looked at it as well but seems like no one in the USA is swinging it. Only in Europe. I am not impressed as well. Could be years before they perfect the technology.

I keep waiting for someone to tell about a better VLF machine. (I have no substantial experience with anything else, but I read a lot and watch the stuff on YouTube.)

How about comparable machines? Is anything out there even equal to it?

These are serious questions.

I believe the E-Trac was released in 2008.
You do know technology advancements have improved metal detectors right
I get that there are metal detectors that have more advanced technology but are they really any better ?

I get that there are metal detectors that have more advanced technology but are they really any better ?
Minelab has the market on the fbs/bbs tech....others are trying to match or exceed it with multi frequency....
Also a lighter machine is easier to use and control which helps the user....better ?????.......a lot of people are trying to prove it as we speak.
A breakthrough detector that outperforms all the rest will, of course, be noticed....should it be manufactured and used....time will tell.
Until then, swing the fbs/bbs machine.