Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac opinion on diagnosis

OCDfinder

Buttons intermittently not responding, screen fade un-fade from perimeter (looks brown). Factory reset, worked little while then the 1/2 full rechargeable battery died. Switched to the alkaline (1/2 full) AA battery pack. Finished hunt but still had minor issues with the screen. Etrac and original rechargeable battery over 7yo. Bought new Minelab NiMH 1800mah thinking this will solve the problems. Any insight on diagnosis and battery solution for issues?

Does the machine have a lot of hours? Like....thousands? It sure sounds like the control panel/screen has issues. You can try removing the battery and making SURE the contact springs down in the battery compartment are STRAIGHT and CLEAN, using a really long swab and contact cleaner would be best, alcohol works too. Generally the machine will just shut off when it reaches around 9.5-9.6 volts, so a battery that’s charged wouldn’t explain the screen brown out or button malfunction. Good luck in the diagnosis...

The LCD screen needs to be replaced. Screen is consistently dark over all graphics and there is a distinct border about 3/32 inch significantly brighter. Have to use the backlight to see. The detector is 9 yrs old, never water on control unit. Been 3 months since last used AND did not take battery out.

Contacting Minelab for a repair. Anybody know ballpark repair cost might be?

I had a E-trac video board replaced at Minelab's service center if i remember right it was 360.00.
It's the board that connects to the motherboard with the LCD screen then the face plate connects to it using a electronic ribbon.

I had a E-trac video board replaced at Minelab's service center if i remember right it was 360.00.
It's the board that connects to the motherboard with the LCD screen then the face plate connects to it using a electronic ribbon.
Thanks! Good info Just plugged into exchange, Etrac was chatty. Looks like she is due for a full ‘physical’