Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac or Explorer SE Pro

Minelab50

My old Explorer XS is acting up and may soon be finished. I'm undecided on getting
an Etrac or SE Pro. I'm leaning towards the Etrac due to latest technology, software,
display and ergonomics.
Insight or info about either from anyone that has had and used both or
believes one is better than the other would be appreciated.
I hunt mostly saltwater beaches(gold jewelry&1600-1700relics) and revolutionary and civil war areas here in N. Florida.

Thanks Randy

i just traded in the explorer for an e trac
i had a dfx for two years and did well but after seeing how the minelab far exceeded the depth of the dfx
both the husbnd and myself got the minelabs
he got the e trac and i ended up with the explorer se that had been purchased before but never used
after several hunts with mine lab e trac friends i was convinced the e trac was easier to use and see
i need reading glasses and had problems viewing the information on the explorer se
after using the e trac on several recent hunts i feel certain it was the right decision to get the e trac
the first hunt netted 10 wheats and a rosey, not bad for a hunt in December in WNY
good luck

Randy,

I went from using an Explorer XS purchased back in 2000 to getting an E-trac last year. My Explorer XS was great, I like the E-trac even more.

Lighter weight, better handgrip position, larger screen, software is super easy to navigate, better layout of the X - Y coordinates, better depth and discrimination plus additional discrimination benefits that the Explorer's don't have.

Don't think that I am showing any disrespect to the Explorers. The Explorer's are great as well. It is hard to make a bad decision here.

Just so you know, I am glad that I chose the E-trac.

Rich (Utah)

After a year with the ETrac, I noticed that I dig a little less iron, and my silver coin counts have gotten better. I believe the best improvement is the ability to detect more good targets in very heavy trash (with FAST ON). I have returned to many of my past trashy spots (yes I hunted these spots with an Explorer II and an Explorer SE both) and pulled out a surprising number of coins using the same PRO coil on the ETrac that I used on the other two machines. The two-tone ferrous settings also helped squeeze stuff out of the heaviest iron spots.

It IS different than the Explorer. There are some learning curve issues, like the "fluteyness" of the tones on very deep targets and the differing digital numbers scale. I also had some initial discomfort adjusting to the changed angle of the handle grip.

Right now - I wouldn't trade my ETrac for anything currently available. Andy's book helps you get up to speed quicker.

andy's book says it perfectly....its not a rebuilt explorer....its a whole different machine.....i used an se and went back to the same spots with my partner and i cants even tell you all the coins and artifacts we have found....the etrac has a see through ability thru the trash....its amazing...we love our etracs