Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac-Pounded Park What Happens Next?

RLOH

I have been using my new Legend for the last couple of weeks and I am starting to believe in this detector. I found a handful of wheat pennies and loads of nickels with the Legend at my favorite park. Last Friday I decided to grab the Etrac and grid some small areas of this park where I have found silver and Indians. In the first two 30 foot passes, I found two real deep wheats(9inches or so). I slowed up even more if that is possible and found a 1916 Barber dime from 8 inches. A bare squeak of a signal. Two more passes and a similar type signal produced another Barber dime. Wow, now I am going to rehunt all of the places where I have had success in the past. No more silver, but 4 more wheats and all were deep.

Today, I moved about 150 feet to another place where I have had success. Funny thing, I found an Indian spill along with two V nickels at the bottom of an old set of steps. I found this spill in 2006 or so with a CZ3d. Well today about ten feet away, I got a scratchy 12 45 signal that I knew was deep. From 9 inches, I saw a silver rim and when I got it in my hand, I saw that it was either a Barber or Seated. I have never
found Seated at this park and when I flipped the quarter over, it was a very nice 1902 Barber quarter. I stuck my pinpointer in the hole and got a signal. Out pops a 1910 wheatie. This was real close to where I found the original spill and I have really hunted this small section hard over the years. I ended the morning with 6 more wheats and all were deep. I know that many say that "depth is not everything", but I got to believe there are many more coins over a foot deep in this park. Not too many detectors are capable of finding these coins, but one thing for sure, the Etrac is still as good as any finding "out of range" coins!

I have been using my new Legend for the last couple of weeks and I am starting to believe in this detector. I found a handful of wheat pennies and loads of nickels with the Legend at my favorite park. Last Friday I decided to grab the Etrac and grid some small areas of this park where I have found silver and Indians. In the first two 30 foot passes, I found two real deep wheats(9inches or so). I slowed up even more if that is possible and found a 1916 Barber dime from 8 inches. A bare squeak of a signal. Two more passes and a similar type signal produced another Barber dime. Wow, now I am going to rehunt all of the places where I have had success in the past. No more silver, but 4 more wheats and all were deep.

Today, I moved about 150 feet to another place where I have had success. Funny thing, I found an Indian spill along with two V nickels at the bottom of an old set of steps. I found this spill in 2006 or so with a CZ3d. Well today about ten feet away, I got a scratchy 12 45 signal that I knew was deep. From 9 inches, I saw a silver rim and when I got it in my hand, I saw that it was either a Barber or Seated. I have never
found Seated at this park and when I flipped the quarter over, it was a very nice 1902 Barber quarter. I stuck my pinpointer in the hole and got a signal. Out pops a 1910 wheatie. This was real close to where I found the original spill and I have really hunted this small section hard over the years. I ended the morning with 6 more wheats and all were deep. I know that many say that "depth is not everything", but I got to believe there are many more coins over a foot deep in this park. Not too many detectors are capable of finding these coins, but one thing for sure, the Etrac is still as good as any finding "out of range" coins!
This is what we, as old etrac users never forget, sure she is a little heavy, sure she is slow and not well balanced, sure she is sitting on my rack ready and able to find the deeper, older coins. All we have to do is go slow and listen....and bring a long handle digger...most of my coins will be at 10+ inches..... that is my normal dig.

Thank you RLOH!

You post made my day !