Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac questions??

kgramlich

Why can't the sensitivity readings gage trade places with the depth gage?? Would make it easier to read!! When out in the sun can't see the screen besides that like my new etrac!!

Close the right eye to read sensitivity
Close the left eye to read depth
Easy as that:)

i second that. hunt by sound. but i will add that manual sens at no less than 22 if possible and normal or smooth tones.
when the E first came out bunch of us did test and found normal or smooth helped unmask targets but sens had to be 22 or more to do it at depth.

rbholt80 said:
i second that. hunt by sound. but i will add that manual sens at no less than 22 if possible and normal or smooth tones.
when the E first came out bunch of us did test and found normal or smooth helped unmask targets but sens had to be 22 or more to do it at depth.

I run auto +3 here and Sensitivity runs about 26 most of the time. Unfortunately my plugs seem to always have nails in them.

use an open quick mask screen. when you get a good iffy sig hit the quick mask and see if ID fall down in iron. another trick is ID in pp. watch when you pinpoint and see if id drops into iron and stays. if you want it by sound listen for low whoop grummp into iron sound. thats almost always rusted crap. the best of us get fooled. no big deal.

So the quick mask screen is used just mostly to make a quick check to see where the target hits?? About the only thing I am not understanding yet?? My first day out with the etrac I found a Rosie!! :)

Thats about all i use it far. im sure others use it in other way. iv seen some run a tight discrim pattern in the quick mask and a more open pattern in the normal hunting screen and switch back n forth. either way is about the same results

Call me odd but I've found far more keepers for the time spent with my tight pattern than with any of my more open or quick mask.

This is what I use.

parkpattern.jpg

Southwind said:
Call me odd but I've found far more keepers for the time spent with my tight pattern than with any of my more open or quick mask.

This is what I use.

parkpattern.jpg

I agree maximize your time run that tight discrimination. Mine is not that tight but close.

Yep, no doubt about it, there is a time and place for a tight pattern and/or/but/however/having said that....
...there's also a time and place for a no holds barred, wide open pattern (though not for the faint of heart or the impatient :rant:).
Just say'n.

" Bills trashy Park program " +1 on that. I like it also as the cuts through a lot of the crap down for the good stuff !

Southwind said:

This is what I use.

parkpattern.jpg

Pretty much exactly like a run my Explorer on the occasions I run Disc in a crap laden park. I have the upper right quadrant totally open,too lazy to put in the little tweaks....all other places it's -16 Ferrous...

I believe I run ferrous at 22 on the right side but I open a line at 12, 11, and 13 and run it over to 2 conductive. This lets me pick up rings. I don't always dig those signals but it gives me the option. The image below gives you the idea but I have since opened up a lot from that picture.