Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac Repaired......Question

For anyone who might know. They replaced the TCB.

what is s TCB...transmitter or some type of safety that blows if you have too much bandwidth?

Replies?.. THANKS

I'm not sure about TCB but a few years ago Minelab replaced a control board on my Excall. Maybe what the CB is for on your repair sheet. Give them a call and ask 1-877-767-6522. HH :minelab:

My Explorer se pro is currently undergoing warranty work in Fla. They quoted price before they understood it was still under warranty, mine needed "Main PCB" for $726.80.00 + $66.00 labor = $792.80.....seriously. Luckily I am covered, but I probably would have just bought a new one.

You know, for what these machines cost....their warranty should be MUCH BETTER! You just wait 'till someone else builds a comparable machine and stands behind it like Minelab stands IN FRONT of theirs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Etrac....just sayin'

They should at least offer a reduced, long term warranty for original buyers (3-5 years). What's another $100.00 when you are spending what it takes to get a Minelab? Their all plastic and not even waterproof....C'Mon! Impressed with the machine but not the service after the sale, compared to everything else you buy today.

Guys, seriously? I have worked service repair and 30 years ago it bugged me the company charged the customer 5 times my pay per hour for my services. I worked outside on cement with my own tools for Pete sake! It occured to me upon reflection... A company must cover cost of business from the few revenue sources it has. Sales people will often gladly sell below cost to make their commission. Someone has to keep the doors open. Initial sales and parts sales are the only main income portals. Seldom if ever will repair after warranty make much if anything beyond own cost. Its the price of doing business or it would not be done at all. IMHO
Our lives are being priced to death. We think of food, clothing and housing, but you gotta have insurance, transportation on top of taxes and inflation requiring ever increasing budget adjustments. We see this in our own lives some, but it is an even greater impact to businesses. Part of today's bad business climate is the Fed.s inability to say what tax increases will be implemented in 2013 yet. Employee health benefits will be going up, cost to ship product, virtually every cost will likely increase. Prices are not always easily adjusted and it costs to do so in advertising and customer dissatisfaction- loss of sales adding to need for higher increase in prices! A good business must anticipate all this and front load for it as well as adjust over time.
A lengthy way to say there is a heck of a lot more than parts and labor cost to service repair pricing, but then you probably knew that.
Tom