Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac screen glare fixed!!

Jeff in Pa

Alright I cut and installed my Nusheild Day-vue screen cover. I wanted to cover my entire faceplate so thats how I cut it. That material doesn't stick like the Zagg cover did from years ago. You will see I decided to keep it on and just put packaging tape around the outer edge.
I can live with the tape because of the huge improvement this makes for the screen. I have my contrast turned down to 12.
Pretty amazing at what this has done.
Today is a perfect day to take this picture, not a cloud in the sky.
The only angle I can't see it this good is if I turned the screen to where I am looking at the reflection of the sun but of course that is bright enough to hurt my eyes.
Great idea here, worth the effort!!

Attachments

• IMG_1587583714445.JPEG
    IMG_1587583714445.JPEG
    755.7 KB · Views: 155
I use a dust cover, will the plastic clear part re-introduce glare again defeating the nushield?

I would have to say yes. It would glare off of the clear plastic.
This material is to stiff to lay down on the raised buttons. It was lifting up soon as I put it on. I know the tape I used will keep this on no matter what barring I don't leave my detector sit in the hot sun in a vehicle.

QUOTE="coin pirate, post: 2260924, member: 42586"]
I use a dust cover, will the plastic clear part re-introduce glare again defeating the nushield?
[/QUOTE]

I have another dust cover that isn't a Minelab cover that has an shroud over the top, this helps tremendesly but then because of how far it projects over the screen, you almost have to be looking straight onward towards the screen to see it properly.

Seems like a lot of wasted screen material when all I did was cover the screen only with a small rectangular piece.... but I am happy you got it and now seem to like it....HH

yes...the dust cover does put the etrac back to the can't see the screen state !!!!

I wonder....never thought about putting it on the dust cover......

Last edited: