Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac sensitivity

north1

Have been out 4 times with my new etrac this spring. Been running in ttf with goes4ever settings with sensitivity at auto +3. Have noticed my sensitity is always at 26 and have never seen it change. Have hunted in 4 different locations all loaded with iron(old farmsteads). Is this normal? These places are farmfields in north dakota, fine sandy to sandy clay loam soil types. Alot of these farmsteads had barns with feedlots so soil acidity can vary greatly. This is backed up by sometimes finding wheats that are corroded in these areas. Just seems there should be some variability to the sensitivity.

Are you positive u have it in auto +3 ? Because when you turn etrac on in auto it starts in 19 everytime regardless where u are at.

I know I rechecked it after I set it all up with your settings. Also checked the first time out but not after that. Guess the next time I get a chance to detect I will have to recheck again. I have three my modes set up. Your ttf and Bill S. trashy park with auto +3, and a modified Bill S. to except more gold with manual sensitivity. Can't remember what the manual was, will have to look.

I have to say thankyou, Goes4ever. Not only for your invaluable help in all areas of etrac operation but for your knowledge with ttf. It has opened up detecting again for me. The areas I am able to hunt are so iron infested I had given up detecting for awhile. Now I again have the confidence to tackle it again. Yesterday I was at an old farmstead and for the heck of it switched to multitone and it was a plethera of every sound that could be made by an electronic instrument. No one and I mean no one could make sense of it. I then switched to ttf and ran an open quickmask screen. It sounded like a machine gun of grunts. Every swing had multiple hits. In fact I counted 12 grunts in one 4 second swing. I then switched to ttf and not 5 minutes later I hit an 12-42 amongst grunts. Pulled out a 1935D wheat with a bent nail in the hole. Doesn't sound like much when compared to what I see on here but I was doing a happy dance.

Only thing fooling me are shreds of copper sheeting and copper rivet washers that were used for horse harnesses. Have dug alot of iffy copper trash and iron but none of it has sounded like the coins I have found. Every coin has been distinctive but feel the trash is necessary to build confidence and train the ears to the good stuff. Thanks again and I will recheck my settings.

Mine always starts with 19 sens , takes a while for it to go up .

I feel like forest gump. Stupid is as stupid does. Somehow I was in manual sensitivity. Changed it and it started in 19, just like Nuke Em said. Thanks.